Controller Not Configured

Googleplay auto-updated RetroArch 1.3.6 on my Shield TV.

Not a problem except I get the message “Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (1118/1817) Not Configured” and there is nothing I can do in the app anymore.

I tried to search but did not find a solution to enable the controller again, I have never had a problem with it before.

Thank you for any ideas!

(unrelated: sometimes the ribbon background animation looks really bad in the new version, sort of low resolution and it moves very slow/jerky)

update:

OK so I dug out the Nvidia Shield controller, and it is configured by RetroArch, but no button presses are registered.

Just noticed another thread about controllers, sorry for the duplicate.

update 2:

I uninstalled/reinstalled everything again and I can now use the Nvidia Shield Controller, but still have the same problem with the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver.

I updated auto config profiles through the online updater but the same thing happens when trying to use my normal controller…

Do you have the actual Microsoft brand receiver? I am updated to the latest version and mine is currently working.

Also I’ve noticed the XMB ribbon animation sometimes slows down as well. I’m having several issues with RA but they’ve been there for a few versions.

Yes, I do have the Microsoft brand receiver (the one that is packaged with a controller).

Does the receiver work outside of Retroarch?

You could try this may get you out of a hole

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3550

Yes, it works fine everywhere else, just as it always has.

[QUOTE=Thatman84;43895]You could try this may get you out of a hole

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3550[/QUOTE]

I added Microsoft_Xbox_360.cfg, Microsoft_Xbox_360_Official.cfg, Microsoft_Xbox_360_Wireless.cfg back to the autoconfig folder … not sure why the new version does not include them. The only 360 controller cfg in 1.3.6 has the wrong device ID for the wireless controller. Adding them back didn’t seem to make a difference (I also changed SELinux mode to permissive, but the cfg files still did not work for whatever reason).

So, anyway, the reason I could never install the RetroArch .apk directly is because I had an SD card mounted, apparently you have to unmount any SD card before installing.

I was able to install 1.3.4 and everything is working perfectly again.

If I update to 1.3.6 the Xbox 360 Wireless controller stops working again (the cfg files that 1.3.4 installed are still there but don’t seem to work for me)

So:

Problem solved! Sort of… I am back on 1.3.4 and everything is working just fine.

I’d like to update at some point, but there is no point if I can’t use a controller.

Thanks for the help!

working on a solution, will update if it works

Sorry for the ancient bump, but was going to post a similar question. Were you ever able to fix this? I’m running into almost the exact same issue.

My Xbox360 controller, via official wireless adapter shows up as controller 2. Nvidia Remote is controller 1. I can bind all of the buttons on the Xbox controller, but when I switch to use it, it always says not configured. And when I make it the main controller, I can no longer control the GUI and I have to kill the app. Controller works fine outside of RetroArch in other apps on the Shield.

Ultimately nothing I tried worked other than reverting back to 1.3.4 and that is the version I have been using ever since. Not sure why more people didn’t have this issue, unless there just aren’t that many using the shield with the official 360 wireless adapter. I’ll try updating again whenever a new version comes out.

Thanks - reverting to 1.3.4 worked fine.

Curious if the latest Nvidia Shield Experience update will change anything.