Controller Overlays iOS 11.2.6 Can’t Load

I am having trouble loading any of the controller overlays in the settings under onscreen displays. It show retropad.cfg as the default. I select that option and then I see several folders. I choose gamepads and then I have tried several different options. NES, SNES, PS3 but when I select the folder it opens up to a bunch of different PNG files but their are no config files to choose. The pictures are there for the buttons but no file to select to change to. It does this on my iPad and iPhone. I also checked to show hidden files. It appears to me that the file explorer is only showing the button pictures but not the actual cfg file.

Then go to gamepads/flat and select retropad.cfg

Yes, all my settings match exactly and I am still seeing the PNG files and not the cfg files.

Go on updater then tap on update overlays

Yes, sorry, I already tried that as well. For some reason the file explorer is showing the pictures and not the configuration files. The only files I can see using the file explorer are the png files in the overlay folder and zip files under load content. Everything else is hidden. I thought I might have done something to my iPad version so that is why I downloaded it on my phone to test as well. That is the first thing I checked without changing any settings and I am getting the same results.

Then try another retroarch

I didn’t know there were more than one. I got this one on iEmulators.

IEmulator’s Retroarch has an issue with overlays. I just tested it. Try https://next.tweakboxapp.com Then go to apps/tweakbox apps. You find retroarch there.

Perfect. That was it…wasn’t user error this time! Thanks. Pretty cool of you helping me out. I still get a weird feeling trusting those certificates under device managment that have these weird names.

Anyhow the problem is fixed!

I just found out you have to reinstall every week or less. No thanks. Too much work. That really stinks.

Does the n64 or psx cores work