Controller priority

Hi,

I use retroarch on my bartop with a Windows PC inside and I’d like to know if it’s possible to set a controller priority.

I have 2 fixed USB controllers for MAME in the bartop and 2 PS4 controller that I use for some other core, I want PS4 controllers set on player 1 & 2 if they are detected and USB controllers on 3 &4, if not, the 2 USB controllers take place of 1 & 2.

Is there a way to do the trick ?

Thank you !

Not in RetroArch but there’s a utility called devreorder that I think can do it.

2 Likes

I’ll take a look at it!

But it seems to work only for dinput and my ps4 controllers are xinput (with ds4windows).

EDIT : xinput are detected, and this tool works perfectly with retroarch and other PC game, thank you very much to you and those who did this :smiley:

1 Like

I have a cab using an ipac4 for the inputs of my arcade controls, and also running two wireless 360 controllers.

I had all of these working simultaneously in this cab years ago but for whatever reason now in retroarch it keeps prioritizing the ipac to input ports 1 and 2 which puts my controllers in ports 3 and 4 and even though they are recognized and configured they just dont work if not in ports 1 and 2.

I managed to trick the controllers to take priority by changing controller drivers from xinput to sdl2 and all controls work fine but as soon as i launch retroarch through my frontend the damn ipac takes priority again and controllers stop working.

Do you think this program could workfor me? Would i just install it in my retroarch folder? Thanks

Yes, it works like a charm. I use it with retroarch and many PC games.