Controller Settings

I still get a bit confused on setting up the controllers. Most of the time 99% things work right away (thanks for making such a great product).

Can someone comment on this particular set up - I just added Game Boy Advance to my set up and i cant get the right shoulder to work. I am using iBuffalo Classic Gamepad So … for the game Aladin, how do i get that parachute to open. From reading around it says its the R button on the right shoulder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just booted the game, but I’m guessing you have to get a ways to get the parachute? I only vaguely remember playing Aladdin on the genesis.

Anyway - I don’t use autoconfig but the setup here looks strange to me.

I’m seeing that button #3 is set to B, Y, and R. Up on the keyboard is set to Up, Down, & R.

Someone who uses RetroArch’s native controller setup can probably clarify what would be causing that. Personally though I use xpadder as it sits better with my setup to map everything to a keyboard first.

Anyway, I’d redo that controller setup because it’s got some buttons crossed for sure.

Thank you for the reply and for testing it out - and clarifying the games operation.

I see that about the buttons! Nice catch! How do I reset these settings back to default?

Hi Skyhigh!

Thanks for pointing that error out - I think i fixed my issue by just re-doing all the controls. I havent gotten the Right Shoulder to get me a parachute yet - but like you said its later on in the game.

thanks for the response and for the help!

A million thanks!

Anytime! I’m actually pretty stoked to play this game a bit more. The few minutes I spent with it were surprisingly entertaining. lol