Controller works in menu, stops working after loading game

This happens to me with an Arduino LLC controller (daemonbite). Working fine in menu, launching a game make the controller stops working until I close RA and open it again. If I move the stick and press B button while launching the game it MAY work, or unplugging and plugin the controller, as stated by other users. Any chance this bug will be fixed?

System: Android 9 - RA version: 1.10.3 - Controller: Daemonbite controller on arcade stick/buttons.

I was having the same problem, then I noticed that the Polling Behavior was set to Normal, tried to change to Late and voilà, everything is working as it should now.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, at least for me, changing the Polling Behaviour options does not help (tried with Early, Normal and Late with no luck).

1 Like

I just joined to continue this discussion. I’ve been using RetroArch for years and I’ve never had this problem until today. I hope that this can be helpful to pinpoint the problem.

A brief description of my setup:

Up to now I’ve been using my PC with Ubuntu MATE 20.04. I recently bought a laptop for traveling that has now Ubuntu MATE 22.04. Both have the same version of RetroArch installed (1.14.0) although I installed it through APT on the fixed PC and Snap on the laptop.

I’ve also been using two controllers: a RetroBit Tribute64 wireless controller (has its own USB receiver, it’s not connected directly to the computer’s BT), and a very old Logitech VV550 dual action.

Long story short, last time I used RetroArch on my PC (at least June 2022) both controllers worked perfectly. In the meantime the only changes I applied are updates, and now on my PC the controllers are not recognized at startup, but if I start a game, then they start working and keep working even if I stop the game.

On the laptop, on the other hand, despite the fact that I use the exact same configuration (literally, copied and pasted from my PC) I see the exact same problem reported in this topic: the controller is not recognized until I unplug and re-plug it, then as I start a game I have to do the same.

Strangely, on my laptop the controller is not recognized correctly (it says "Retro-bit Genesis/Saturn 8 Button Arcade Pad), but apart from that the mapping of the buttons is perfect. The lsusb command identifies the controller as “ShenZhen ShanWan Technology Co., Ltd. ZD-V+ Wired Gaming Controller”.

On my PC it’s recognized as “SWITCH CO., LTD. USB Gamepad”), the same name I get with the lsusb command. The device ID (2563:0575) is the same on both computers though.

Since others have been having this problem since before June 2022, it’s obviously not something created by an update, but it seems to me that a recent update has “activated” this bug on my PC.

I was hoping that I could provide a narrower window, but unfortunately I haven’t been using RetroArch lately. Whatever happened, it happened between v1.10.3 and v1.14.0.

I have an NVIDIA Shield and use an NVIDIA Game Controller. I launch RA and Run the ROM and the controller will work great and I can play the game. But when I perform a Menu Toggle (set to L3 + R3 for me), the controller will not work. I can make the controller work again by hitting any button on the Nvidia Shield Remote. After that the Game Controller will work find in the RA menu. Then when I resume the game, the Game Controller stops working again until I press a button on the Nvidia Remote. Then the Game Controller works fine again. I can also hit the HOME button which takes me to the Shield home screen (and puts RA in the background). Then I can hit the RA icon again to resume where I was, and the controller will be working again.

I tried using a Dual Shock 3 controller and it does not stop working at any point.

late to RA, installed nightly64 on my redmi10 and this problem still exist, using otg controller

1 Like

Hi everyone, I had the same problem today with the gamepad disconnecting after starting the game and it helped. Settings/imput/Port 1 Controls/ RetroPad !!!NOT WITH ANALOG!! and Analog to Digital Type – Left Analog (forced) … Let me know if this works for you now too… Thanks and good luck :wink:

Hi all I am very new to emulators and Lemuroid but I am having a similar issue but not being very tech savvy I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a Doogee T10S tablet which runs on an Android operating system and have installed Lemuroid and also a folder of roms.

So what works: Lemuroid loads, finds the roms and I can play them using the on screen controls fine.

What sort of works: I plugged in a USB-USB-C adapter as the tablet has a USB-C in only and plugged a PS3 controller into this and it works. The D-Pad works to navigate the tablet and the roms within Lemuroid.

What doesn’t work: As soon as I load a game, from the menu to actually playing the D-Pad is non responsive and I have to use the non D-Pad controls for up/down/left and right etc (sorry not sure of the name of that control).

I hate that control stick and always have, I still use D-Pads on games when possible.

Steps tried to get the D-Pad usable in game: I have tried everything found in this and other threads and cannot get Lemuroid to allow the use of a D-Pad. I have also tried various mappings within Lemuroid and nothing seems to make the D-Pad function.

I decided to buy these QUMOX 2X N game PC controller SFC GamePad for Windows PC USB Super famicom hoping they’d work as they only have a D-Pad, but within Lemuroid it acts the same, the D-Pad works on the tablet and within Lemuroid for selecting games and navigating etc, but in game and in the games start menu’s the D-Pad is not working

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PL271Y0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone have a solution for this or some ideas I can try as I really want to get using the setup and even tried some other emulators (limited as I don’t know many free ones) and none seem to work

Thanks in advance if you are able to help or assist me as I have no idea about this stuff and just wanted to enjoy retro games when traveling etc

Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone here is involved with Lemuroid, just with libretro (and RetroArch), so we can’t really provide any support for Lemuroid itself in this case, just for the cores.

Can confirm this is still an issue with latest Android nightly using the hyperkin smart boy too, seems to happen in multiple cores. A workaround is using a touchscreen overlay to open the RetroArch menu when that happens then disconnecting and connecting again makes it work like you guys have said.