Core and Feature Requests

What the Chances of using the Mouse for Lightgun Use?

A OpenBOR-core would be nice!

3 Likes

It was the latest version of Dreamcast Emulcast flycast, but the forced save load was used with the ex-actress trigger button. We changed the ex-spoke bumper key to save slot and used the old decar LR key to the right stick. The left and right sides are good, but the trigger is good at the same time. The key and the save rod are pressed together. What do we do to solve this?

Try a different auto-translating tool maybe.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the PlayStation 2 Play core! in Retro Arch. The kernel loads without problems, but if I want to start the game from an ISO file, the kernel crashes and Retro Arch shuts down. I’ve tried all the graphics kernels, but it’s always the same. Poradite? Thanks. I have Win 10 Pro x64

i would love to see an updated content-override feature because the way it works is only usefull for games without own gamefolders (such as ROMS) but its not very usefull for CD-based Systems where game-images are mainly stored in seperate folders.

maybe the developers could do an exclusion-rule. at least for games that uses the same name for game-folder and *.cue/bin-file, RA can automaticaly fallback to the directory above…

maybe any of the developers or any other interested people want do look at for further informations/discussing…

Thanks alot for your work. please keep it up!!!

I SIMPLY LOVE RETROARCH

EightyOne core It has a JSON file inside the source tha has pre-configured controls for some games. I was wondering how difficult is it, to have this file inside RetroArch’s System directory and the user to create new user mappings instead of being hardcoded for a handfull of games only. Quite essential for the core because ZX81 games cannot be played by any means of joystick without external control mapping Also the virtual keyboard is crazy fast, making it unusable.

Caprice core A simpler way to access the virtual keyboard

1 Like

If possible, I’d like to see a Wolf3D source port (such as ECWolf) added to RetroArch as a core.

Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny are serviceable with just a gamepad in DOSBox. But, much like Doom and Quake, they can benefit from some QoL improvements like a more gamepad-friendly control scheme.

1 Like

Can we fix hAtari loading .ipf files? Or if not, then, maybe remove .ipf file support from the core .info file. (Since it doesn’t actually load them, hasn’t in a while, and looks like, unless someone changes the core, it’s not going to in future either)

for ipf, it needs an external dll (on windows) and not sure how RA will be able to implement it. So think the easiest fix atm is to remove the ipf from the core info file

Citra - 2 features that would be amazing.

1st - controls for gyro rotation. I tried to play Fluidity - Spin Cycle and realized there was no way to control the game hahaha. Would absolutely love to see this feature get implemented. I’m sure there are other games that utilize it.

2nd - “Quick Switch” screen options like in DeSmUmE so you don’t have to go in and out of the RA menu and core options list to swap screens. It’s a feature that makes all the difference for playing on the DS IMO, and I’d be thrilled to see it added to the Citra core.

1 Like

I mentioned this elsewhere, might as well post it here.

• Sensitivity/Deadzone options for any core that supports analog controls. I know the Quake 2 core and Dolphin don’t have such options.

there should be sensitivity and deadzone options in settings > input.

Tried it. They don’t help much.

Also, i don’t think i can save these per-core? Because they are in the general input options, not the core control options.

You can. Start game, change Settings -> Input -> Analog Deadzone/Sensivity, save core override.

Snes9x.cfg:

input_analog_deadzone = "0.800000"
input_analog_sensitivity = "0.900000"
3 Likes

Thanks. It worked. I don’t know why i couldn’t make it work a few weeks ago, i tried fiddling with those options and couldn’t get a good feel but now it’s all good.

Have you also found a way to add music into the game maybe?

Also, if you have found a way to remap the controls and have a functional game with all buttons working on a controller could you please share? I try to config the controls and there is no way i can do it, i set one thing and it does something unrelated. Can’t have a crouch or use item button from what i saw. And it doesn’t save it’s native control options which are completely messed up.

CrocoDS remap keys such as in the Fuse core. Thanks

BlueMSX remap keys such in the Fuse core. Thanks

Hey there … I’m actually quite new into libretro but started to build an Atari ST/E emulation box based on Lakka which in turn uses libretro. Since I was very much into the demoscene there, I wanted to run some old and new demos there. Unfortunately, I figured out that the bundled hatari_libretro is fairly old (v1.8) … is there a chance to include the most recent version anytime soon (currently on v2.2) since it contains a much better soundchip emulation and some other significant improvements. I tried it by myself in a very pragmatic way - cloning the current hatari_libretro and replace the source folders with the most recent original github version … but failed massively due to a lot of (quite cryptic) compile errors. I also understood, that the bundled Makefile.libretro should be adapted to work against the new libsdl-2 and probably the cmake stuff. But some help or a general answer would help me a bit :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance …

Hi, please for help. I’m using PlayStation 2 Play! emulator and I want to give you advice on how to set it up so I don’t cut the sound? The picture is ok, but the sound cuts horribly, stutters. Can you advise anyone? Thank you all in advance