Core and Feature Requests

i have some ideas that would benefit the project:

• Sega model 2 Core
  • Sega model 3 Core
  • FM Towns core
  • Openbor or Mugen Core And some improvement ideas: -Beetle saturn working with CHD files on android -Kronos core working on android -Save states on PX68k Core -Save states on PCSX2 Core
1 Like

The article reads “released the source code *(albeit as compressed assets as opposed to a proper repo”, so where in the released file is it actually?

" So now after 15+ years, Shima has FINALLY released the source code (albeit as compressed assets as opposed to a proper repo) , and folks can finally start digging around in the code and adding improvements, or borrowing bits for other projects… Official GitHub : https://github.com/shimazzz/SEGASaturnEmulator-SSF/releases"

Well call me surprised too…I downloaded both the .zip and .tar.gz files and there’s nothing in there…Honestly I just shared the news from genuine excitement at that time and didn’t checked it at all but now that you mention it you are right…Maybe if someone asked Shima in his Twitter account to get a more clear answer?

Just a demo how it would look

Citra Core with extended Screen

1 Like

Would like to see a FM Towns Core. Cant get it running in mame core :frowning:

2 Likes

There is a solution discussed in great detail on my thread. Just do a search there. https://forums.libretro.com/t/duimon-hsm-reflection-shader-graphics-feedback-and-updates/28146?page=94

2 Likes

Its working now. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

A port of Ikemen GO, it’s a MUGEN engine, but improved at 200%

1 Like

Has there been any consideration for creating a Ren’Py core.

1 Like

I feel like someone mentioned working on such a thing at some point, but if so, it clearly didn’t pan out.

2 Likes

Would love the ability to use the BIOS Bootup sequence for Neo Geo Pocket + Color titles. (I think this is the only console in RetroArch that doesn’t support this)

1 Like

I didn’t have an Amiga growing up, I’m really enjoying a lot of the games since a few years back due to emulation, but it’s been a problem to play games that rely on pressing both buttons to do somethings, like in Bart vs the World, in order to run you have to press and hold both action buttons and due to the input lag the game itself has it’s not consistent. At the same time, it’s a shame most of these old PC games rely on one or two buttons only, up to jump, etc. Adding a macro for pressing both buttons would be a really welcomed addition to this core.

Hello, you can port all following emulators, please??? Following emulators: 1.º RPCS3 (PlayStation 3 Emulator) 2.º Cemu (Wii U Emulator) 3.º DosBox-X (Full MS-DOS Emulator) 4.º Xemu (Xbox Emulator) 5.º Xenia (Xbox 360 Emulator) 6.º Yuzu (Nintendo Switch Emulator)

for 2.) Cemu is closed-source, so they would have to do it themselves (not likely); for 3.) we already have several very nice DosBox cores.

For the others, those are all relatively new emulators that are still under heavy development, so they’re not really good targets for us to port, since any major changes/rewrites/reorganizations that happen upstream will break the port and require a lot of work to fix (see: dolphin-libretro). We would love to work with those upstream teams to get libretro support going, but it would need to be more of a partnership than something we would/could unilaterally provide.

3 Likes

If at all possible, I would like to see EDuke32 added to RetroArch as a core. Duke Nukem 3D is serviceable in DOSBox with just a gamepad. However, I think having this as an option would be much better.

3 Likes

Actually, scratch that last post. I view this as more important. The PrBoom core can play the original Doom WADs well enough. However, some efforts to update and improve the core are not without fault. Its lacking true compatibility for other notable Doom WADs, and some other quality of life features are sadly missing.

I understand that the original source port has been heavily modified for the core, but instead of trying to update it internally within Libretro, I think it should be replaced with a port that has benefitted from more recent upstream support. With that in mind, I’d like to see PrBoom+ brought to RetroArch as a core.

3 Likes

Prboom core has a wrong sound pitch for sound effects unfortunately

That NanoBoyAdvance emulator is looking ballin’. New HQ audio implementation which is supposed to be more compatible than mGBA’s, whose ‘XQ’ audio option isn’t exposed in the core anyhow.

2 Likes

I have a request/suggestion.

What about a subsystems-like option for PRBoom to load extra WADs sort of like the snes9x core has?

Xemu (xbox emulator) Xenia (xbox360) RPCS3 (ps3) Cores :wink:

2 Likes