Core and Feature Requests

Is there any way to split specific systems emulated only by MAME to a separate core?

1 Like

You could compile it yourself and edit the core name. In my experience the size of the DLL stays about the same though so I see no good reason.

1 Like

Got it, I thought it was possible to extract only the necessary parts for a given system, but it makes sense it’s not that easy and I didn’t know the size of the file would end up almost the same as the main core. I think something similar happened to the CD-i core which was not too user-friendly to get running.

1 Like

It’s easy enough to set which drivers you want in the compile… but even for a single system the DLL is about the same size.

I am no expert though, Same_CDi is based on MAME and the DLL is 7 times smaller, so there must be a way.

1 Like

Any link on how to do that?

1 Like

The MAME core info is here.

To do a single driver I followed the MAME standalone info here.

1 Like

for lakka i had some requests.

maybe adding or fixing full support for analog L/R-triggers.

i still cant get it working properly with any controller.

I tried with these controllers: Xbox 360 wired and wireless, Xbox One, PS3. PS4, Gamecube-Pad with mayflash USB Adapter.

i have tried with these Cores: Beetle Saturn, Dolphin, Flycast

The Analog Trigger Axis get always catched as button (not as axis) under RA Input Mapper and the triggers only acts as simple button presses. I think here might be an issue ?

also have issues with different anlag joystick movement-ranges (octagonal vs round vs square and sensivity). Some options for calbition and “translation-behaviour” would be awesome. The Bettle PSX has a helpfull auto-calibration feature, maybe it can integrated into more cores (f.e. beetle saturn, dolphin, flycast)?

That’s not likely to happen any time soon. We’ve settled on CHD as the way to handle compression of disc images.

5 Likes

I’ll be happy to address your questions when you ask them in a respectful manner.

5 Likes

there may be a language/culture barrier that’s preventing you from realizing that you sound like an asshole, so I’ll take it at face value and say: CHD is a common format in the emulation scene that was created by the developers of MAME. It provides robust, lossless compression with random access to any point within the file, which is necessary for loading content from optical disc images. It makes the files smaller than a zip and doesn’t require decompressing the whole file before running it.

6 Likes

where is the 8mB cores of snes I need it to play heartthrob memorial

Hi there, i have a question about a X360 core from the Retroarch on Windows. We have a plain to add this core to Retroarch? Thanks for answer

No plans currently. Xenia is the only workable 360 emulator and it’s still in early stages.

Now that Beetle Saturn has been updated to the latest version and chds finally work, is it possible to get a performance/overclock boost by adding in cpu dynarec settings like the Beetle PSX core has gotten so that some lower end devices can gain some speed from this core?

1 Like

AFAIK, the GNU Lightning JIT backend used by the beetle-psx dynarec does not support the Hitachi SH-2 architecture used by the Sega Saturn.

3 Likes

I see. That’s too bad, would’ve been nice to have

Can you please make a decaf core? Becasue I want to play my Wii U games on retroarch.

Can you also ask another person for netplay? Because I also want to play Mario Party with my friends.

Decaf is not a good candidate for libretro-ization at the moment because it is still very early in development and has very low compatibility (very few games will even get past the intro, let alone allow actual gameplay).

You can play Mario Party right now using Steam’s Remote Play Together or Parsec. RetroArch’s built-in rollback netplay just doesn’t work with hardware-rendered cores.

That’s how the second screen feature in Citra together with weylus looks like. Works like a charm. Realtime and touchscreen support.

2 Likes

Idea 1: Xemu Core Idea 2: Functions for Input. Dolphin can create several input functions. That would be awesome for libretro and all its cores.

2 Likes