Core / Emulator for Amiga Games

Hallo, Is there any core / emulater in Retroach which allows me to start ROM’s of Amiga games? If not, will it be supported in the future?

Not yet. And yes, libretro supports the Amiga core and it is called the pUAE. But they are not working on the core yet.

I believe there’s a functioning MAME/MESS core that can do it, but I don’t really have any experience with it, and MESS can be a hassle to get working even in the best of circumstances.

Currently I’m using the android release RetroArch-armv7-v1.0.0.2-r33-nocameralocation.apk from the Download Section of your Website. You have mentioned that there are new Cores in the current Googly Play release of retroarch for instance PPSSPP for Playstation portable games. Is there a difference between the releases in the Google Play Store and your apk files for Android in the download section of the libretro Website, because I don’t find the PPSSPP Core in my apk file (RetroArch-armv7-v1.0.0.2-r33-nocameralocation.apk)

Also I have taken a look at the nightly builds for Android and in the build of 14-01-2014 i can find the PPSSPP core. Is it a high risk to use this nightly apks? Is there a stable apk that comprises the PPSSPP core? Also I’m not sure which apk of the nightly bulilds I can use for my armv7 chipset smartphone because there are two directories armeabi and armeabi-v7a. Do you know which directory is correct for the armv7 chipset?

I’m looking forward of your response!

The nightlies are safe, just be sure to uninstall your old version first to avoid any weird configuration conflicts. If you run into any major issues with it, you can always go back to the older version from the downloads page.

The Play Store version actually doesn’t have those new cores yet. It’s got the same cores as the version you downloaded.

Either of those nightly builds should work, but the armeabi-v7a version will probably be slightly faster for your device.

Thank you for your response! You do a really great job with the retroarch project! Is there already a time schedule when the PPSSPP core will be published in Google Play? Furthermore I’ve tried to run my Amiga Games in the two MAME Cores of my apk (RetroArch-armv7-v1.0.0.2-r33-nocameralocation.apk) but the games unfortunately dont’ run in this cores and in the nightly bulid of the 14-01-2014 I can’t find the MAME/MESS core anymore.

This is in my interest too! Can You already estimate when there is a new retroarch app in the Google Play Store that comprises the PPSSPP Core?

We are working to have an update out soon.

How does this guy run everything? It blows my mind :open_mouth:

[QUOTE=matchaman;30121]How does this guy run everything? It blows my mind :open_mouth:

I did some modifications to the “libretro-uae” core and I’m using WHDLoad versions of the games.

I can submit the modifications to the official repository if appropriate. Most of the modifications are specifically for my needs, so I would appreciate approval from r-type or someone else before meddling :slight_smile:

Specifically the modifications are:

• fixes to loading of .hdz hardfiles
  • fixes to smooth scrolling and audio when running in 50Hz
  • introduced an option to config files where you can specify which resolution you want to run the game in
1 Like

[QUOTE=diablodiab;30257]I did some modifications to the “libretro-uae” core and I’m using WHDLoad versions of the games.

I can submit the modifications to the official repository if appropriate. Most of the modifications are specifically for my needs, so I would appreciate approval from r-type or someone else before meddling :slight_smile:

Specifically the modifications are:

• fixes to loading of .hdz hardfiles
  • fixes to smooth scrolling and audio when running in 50Hz
  • introduced an option to config files where you can specify which resolution you want to run the game in[/QUOTE]

Hi , Nice addition , you could pull a request .

1 Like

Hi guys! I’m new here. I find this board searching some info for my problem online. I’m italian… my english is not perfect, I hope you can forgive me :slight_smile: BTW, I love Amiga! I tried to add some games to my device (Android) to play my favourite game (Amiga game) . I used retroarch with PUAE core. For many game I have success (after hours of try…) but there are same games (multiple disk games) that required the 2nd floppy in drive 0…like Chuck Rock! How can I avoid this problem? I read that you find a way to use whdload version of the game? How can I do the same? Could you share your .uae file of a game that use whdload system on your retroarch?

Many many thanks to all!

If you create an uae file, retroarch will run it fine, with p-uae core