Core Input Settings question

Hey everyone. I have a question for anyone that can answer. I have a GPD XD. Great device by the way but I’m having trouble manually altering the button configurations under CORE INPUT OPTIONS.

So, for instance, suppose I load MUPEN64+ and get Super Mario 64 running… Once I am able to control Mario at the beginning, I pause the game & return to the QUICK MENU of Retroarch. From there, I enter CORE INPUT OPTIONS as mentioned earlier and scroll down to USER 1 button configurations. It is in this section within Retroarch that I begin to have trouble altering the buttons to how I would like them to be in order to play games, etc.

Basically, since my gaming unit runs on Android & is touch-screen, I tap “User 1 B Button”, for example, and the button will change from B to “Y” for instance. That’s great, and I understand that part… however, say that I make a mistake and I want to go backwards to selecting a button that I wanted prior… how would I do that? In other words, if I reach the “R3” button, the last selection possible on my unit… how is it that I can manipulate the “User 1 B Button” setting so that I can have that B Button selected as “Y” once again for instance???

Because I’ve tried many times & I cannot UNDO my selection(s), etc. It seems to me that once I make a selection and I’ve gone too far, there is no way to UNDO and go back. This method of manually altering the buttons for preference makes it discouraging to me when I choose to play certain games… but if I am doing something wrong, could someone kindly correct me??

Thanks so much everyone!

You just change it using left and right, are you using touchscreen controls? To reset your inputs you could just close retroarch using the recent apps button in android, also try nightlies.