Core issues

I just download the retroarch zip for windows(x64) I also download the cores(x64). So i unzip retroarch and then made a cores folder in the retroarch folder and then unzip the cores.zip in cores folder and run the program. I selected sega genesis but when i select it, the menu went back to the previous page(aka the menu where u first started out with). What is going on guys? please help me. =(

I can’t really tell what your problem is from your description or screenshots, but make sure you have your paths setup properly in settngs > path settings, with your core directory and core info directory. If they’re both set up properly, you can use the ‘core detect’ load.

To do it manually, set your core directory in the path settings, then go back to the first menu, select ‘core’ and navigate to your genesis core (presumably genesis plus gx) and it will take you back to the first screen again, only it will say ‘Genesis Plus GX’ at the bottom of the screen instead of “model viewer,” which is what it says in your screenshot. At that point, you can choose ‘Load Content (Genesis Plus GX)’ and select your Genesis ROM.

I did set it correctly under setting here’s a screen shot of my path setting. I did try the load core method but it did NOT work and there’s also anther screen shot of that. Should i just make a video and show u what is happening?

i figured it out i got it to work

Glad you got it figured out :slight_smile: