Core options override per game?

Is there a way to use a unique “retroarch-core-options.cfg” for a certain game? Like you can with the “retroarch.cfg”?

For instance, there is a core option in Mupen that allows you to increase the framerate in many games. However, some games run in fast forward when i use this (like Goldeneye) so i would like to have this option changed in these games. Is it possible?

I tried making a folder with the game name inside a Mupen64Plus folder and put the different retroarch-core-options.cfg in there but it still loads the default one.

Hi!

I think the pattern is <core_name>/<content_name>.opt

For example: Mupen64Plus/GoldenEye 007.opt if your ROM file was named “GoldenEye 007.z64”.

If you’re using overrides already, there should be an entry in the core options menu to create a game-specific options file automatically, which will also create the necessary folder structure.

Turn on “Load content specific core options” in the Configuration section. Then when you’re in a game to into core options. There will be an option at the very top.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, i will try those when i get to my PC

@Frufo, where did you get that information from? I’m trying to override core options from command line like we can do with config options.

Cheers.