Nestopia UE : save Pal / NTSC preference per game?

So I’ve been using Nestopia UE on Reotrarch, and I have USA AND Europe games (I’m from France) ; usually I prefer the USA version since they’re running at 60hz, but there are some games that I like more in PAL (because of the translation for example) or games that don’t exist in US version (example : The New Ghostbusters 2).

I thought I could change “prefered system” in Nestopia core option from “Auto” to “PAL” for those specific games, and then “Save override per game” ; unfortunately, overrides per game don’t seem to affect core option.

Which means I have to switch to PAL each time I want to use an European Rom. Is there a way to make it automatically ?

im not sure if nestopia does support auto-selecting between pal/ntsc but most emulators detect by its filename, like if a filename has (E), (EU), (PAL) this will automatically switch to PAL

Nestopia should be able to set the region automatically as long as you have the NstDatabase.xml in your ‘system/BIOS’ directory.

To directly answer OP’s question, though, that wouldn’t go into a regular config override, but rather by using the ‘create game-options file’ from the core options menu.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers ! I downloaded the NstDatabase.xml file (I wasn’t aware of that file), placed it in System directory, and Nestopia put automatically my game to 50 hz !

Actually, there’s a problem ; on my Android device, adding the NstDatabase.xml file makes Nestopia display a black screen only, for any game.

Edit : this seems like a known problem : https://www.bountysource.com/issues/23789346-android-roms-don-t-load-if-nstdatabase-xml-is-present

ok thats a problem then if you prefer using nestopia on android. its a known problem but sadly no activity in regards to fixing it since it was last posted.

as a workaround, you can create and automatically per-game core option files: Core options override per game?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was looking for. :slight_smile: Thanks !

I use nestopia on android with the database all the time, so there’s some other variable in play.