Core options overriding with auto-save/load to 'off'

Thanks for reading, out of ideas.

updated to 1.7.1. tested solely on latest beetle psx hw.

Problem: Any change to the core ‘quick menu’ options are being saved in any game loaded, despite not manually saving game/core ini settings, and with load override/save config on exit both set to ‘off’. I’ve confirmed it only does this in the core ‘quick menu’ options, and not general retroarch settings.

Because of this, I cannot make individual game settings as the options will get overridden anytime I make a change.

more detailed: if i load a game to the core, and change anything in the core options, such as upscaling, it will keep and load those settings after i completely exit and relaunch retroarch with a new game. ‘save config on exit’ is currently ‘off’, as is ‘load override’, and there is no override file in the config folder. the only thing i have purposely loading is the remap file for needed control settings.

thanks again

Core options are core-wide and carry across games unless you save it as a game-specific file. I sympathize that it can be confusing which options persist and which ones don’t.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, hunterk.

It appears I was confused due to saving ‘game overrides’ and not having it work for the individual game, whereas I should have been doing ‘create game options file’. I guess the difference wasn’t clear to me. But all good now, thanks!

1 Like

There is some futhur information on the docs website. Needs improving but could help.

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/overrides/