Core Request - Dolphin Old Version

Hi there, im linux user, i had the follow GPU : GeForce GT 620 Driver : nvidia , Version : 304.137 [I can’t use more updated driver because broken the graphical session]

Well i had test Paper Mario with the RetroArch Core [i still had RetroArch 1.7.6] Well playing paper mario, in this point nothing happend.

Well i try in Dolphin-5.0 and its the same:

After of that i try with the latest windows dev version of dolphin 5.0 [From today] and show me an error dialog

That says my gpu or my video drivers don’t support some feature needed by the branch 5.0 of dolphin and that can produce hang ups during the gameplay

Video : Test Paper Mario (Euro - Multi 5) with Dolphin 5.0

I notice anothers things on dolphin-5.0 looks this screenshots :

after search and found this section on dolphin webpage i found the first official release for linux the dolphin 4.0-1271 for Ubuntu 13.04 i download extract and do all things need to run it and again i just set the memory card to use the same the dolphin 5.0 and i try again, notice the differences

Video : Test Paper Mario (Euro - Multi 5) with Dolphin 4.0-1271

And well on this version the game don’t hang up, just continue perfectly normally

Ok that all is just for leave clear my point of why i am request a core based on old vesion.

if possible use version to make a new core, and the name can be “Dolphin (4.0)” or “Dolphin Old-Compat” or just use that code and make a new pure core for Gamecube games the name can be something like “Dolphin-Cube” “Cubist Dolphin”

Thanks for read.

1 Like