Core Updater And SD Card Questions

1. Is there any way to have downloaded cores saved to my external SD card? In the Android app settings, I set it to my external SD card, but it looks like the cores are still going to internal storage.

2. In the core updater, is there any indication if a core has an update available for download? Or do I have to redownload the core?

3. For 1.2, people recommended to use the daily build instead of the play store version. Is the play store version stable now, or should I use a daily build?

4. If I put my save state directory in Android/com.retroarch, will it save them to the external SD card?

1. No
  2. No
  3. Nightlies
  4. no, Android/com.retroarch is the internal SD
  1. Actually, there is a copy of Android/com.retroarch on the external sd card, if you set “move to sd card” in the options (android app options, not internal to retroarch). I was just wondering if it works. I’ll try it out.

I’m using Lollipop.

It’s not a copy it’s a different location, I added those paths to the path chooser as roots to make it easier to set folders. It will still save to the internal SD unless you go to / then look for the folder in the external SD