Cores? Beetle PSX HW never chosen? ReARMed is the default?

Hi there,

New to Retroarch so forgive my rather freshman question :slight_smile:
Been given some PS1 games a go and downloaded the cores for both Beetle PSX HW and PCSX ReARMed - when I select the Beetle core and then select a game as its content, it starts the PCSX core?

Any suggestions? /e

I think I might have found the solution… The core is selected as a result of the extension? And as they are convert ECM files (.bin.ecm -> .bin) only PCSX seems to be the core detected?

there is no reason to use pcsx core when you are running a windows machine, unless its a very very old pc. as for cdimage, make sure you use bin that has the included .cue files with them.

refer here for more information, especially stuff related to bios http://docs.libretro.com/library/beetle_psx/

1 Like

Thanks a bunch - indeed, the .cue files are needed and I’ve figured out in the meantime how to create these… Written a small script to automate it :slight_smile: What else : again my thanks for the bios tip : I was receiving a black screen while loading a game, done a MD5 on the *5502.bin and saw that I had a ‘wrong’ BIOS. After swapping it for the proper one, everything now works :smiley:

Again my thanks!

2 Likes