Cores cant't get updated

I have some issues again with this retroarch stuff. I really pissed off now by this. I can’t download cores anymore, the whole URL for it is empty and gets reset when i enter something, even when i do it manuel over the nano editor, the retroarch system revert my settings.

Its so hard to work with retroarch because everything is really undocumentated and user unfriendly… Please change this in the future,

Did you compile it yourself or are you using a package from the PPAs? If the PPAs, we disable the core updater and run the packages through the package manager instead.

If you’re seeing your options reset themselves, it usually means you’re editing the config file while RetroArch is open. RetroArch reads the config files at launch and then stores them in memory, writing them back to file on exit. If you edit something while it’s open, it will write whatever’s stored in memory back to the file when you exit/restart.

Documentation doesn’t write itself, and this is an area where non-programmers can help out: http://wiki.libretro.com/