Cores no longer loaded with saved configs?

I’m confused with this behaviour in the latest versions. Is this a glitch or intentional? In previous builds I could load up a core, set up a few options I want for a specific system and save it to a config. Then when I’d load this config, it would also load up the core properly with all the settings I chose. Now if you replicate this same process, it will save the config under the core name properly, yet when you load it up it says “no core” at the bottom.

This isn’t a big issue when using RocketLauncher which chooses a core itself when launching a game, but it makes it clunky when trying to use RA standalone and having a ton of system configs set up.

yeah, that was actually unintended behavior and we fixed it a pretty long time ago.

Here you go. Doesn’t seem to show much of anything past when I load up my bsnes config.

http://pastebin.com/zDzmyZW5\

After checking in an older RA build where this was still working, I noticed in the system configs that there was this line with the selected core and path saved:

libretro_path = “C:/Emulation/Emulators/RetroArch/cores/bsnes_accuracy_libretro.dll”

Checking a system config created with the latest RA, that line is different. The closest to it appears to be:

libretro_directory = “:\cores”"

Yet no specific core dll is saved there as you can see, just the directory itself. If I manually save a core dll there, it still doesn’t load up when loading the config in RA. Weird.

Heh, I wasn’t asking for a log, that’s just my signature because I frequently have to tell people “get a log” and they say “I don’t know how” and then I have to make another post explaining how to get a log.

Anyway, yeah, that’s exactly the situation. It used to have a direct path to a single core and it would load that core with the config but it was unintended behavior and caused some problems elsewhere, so we fixed it, which removed that ability in the process.

Haha, oh I couldn’t tell that was a signature. The spacer line separating signatures here is barely visible.

Is there any chance of this ability returning then? It kind of defeats the entire purpose of saving system configs. I guess I’ll stick with version 1.2.2 for the time being as it’s still working fine.