Cores Not changing

I have been playing with retroarch for a few months on a linux box and thought I had become fairly familiar with it. I now installed in on my Shield TV (Marshmallow 6 updated) and have a strange problem.

I have scanned in my libraries successfully. I select a ROM (say Sega 32X Afterburner), I go and play it for a bit, then press L3+R3 and select a new ROM (as I do with Linux), run the new ROM and am taken back into Afterburner.

Ok, I says, try this again, this time i will close content, select new game, run, again Afterburner.

I am smarter then this computer I say, so I will pick a ROM from a different system, that will fool it.so I pick an N64 Rom, run and lo and behold, there is that damn afterburner again!!.

The only way I am able to get the system/Rom to change is quitting retroarch completely and reloading.

I am using the release in the google play store, not sure what the update process is, can I get on a nightly train as I am on linux? and has this challenge been fixed in more recent betas?

Thanks and keep up the excellent work.

This is the first I’ve heard of this happening. I would uninstall/reinstall the Play store version first to see if something’s wonky with your install. If you want to try a nightly, you can download it from buildbot.libretro.com and sideload it. I think the fdroid repo does nightlies, as well.

Ok will try that, being shield TV, have to sideload it anyway so may as well sideload the latest.

Ok,either the reload or the change to nightlies did the trick :slight_smile: Thanks again, now on to some testing, if there is anything you want me to take a look at, let me know, have time on my hands at the moment