Crackling/Scratchy Sound When Running VBA ROM

Specifically Pokemon Fushigi na Dungeon - Aka no Kyuujoutai (J) Core used:[I]vba_next_libretro.dll

[/I]Further Notes [ul] [li]Same result when running through both RetroArch and Launch Box launching RetroArch[/li][li]Works perfectly when running the ROM through a VBA emulator directly[/li][/ul]

Please advise. Thank you. Also referring to this threadmay help somewhat, maybe.

Try mgba core.

[QUOTE=hunterk;36411]Try mgba core.[/QUOTE]Tried. Still has the crackling/scratchy sounds.

I had a similar problem. Try increasing Audio Rate Control Delta…In addition to switching to mGBA.

[QUOTE=Freakazoid;36413]I had a similar problem. Try increasing Audio Rate Control Delta…In addition to switching to mGBA.[/QUOTE]Didn’t work. Incidentally, what is a good value for Audio Rate Cotrol Delta? I tried from 0.000 to 0.045. Also, since you said you had a similar problem, based on the had, I’m assuming your problem is fixed. Could you kindly share your settings?

Does that happens only on that rom? Or only on the gba cores?

[QUOTE=talos91;36419]Does that happens only on that rom? Or only on the gba cores?[/QUOTE]I tested other ROMs (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance & Bokujou Monogatari - Mineral Town no Nakama Tachi), they were quite fine. So it’s the ROM issue then, or that particular game itself that has conflict?

Try using another rom or try testing in other gba cores (like mednafen or gpSP) and use the gba bios.

[QUOTE=talos91;36477]Try using another rom or try testing in other gba cores (like mednafen or gpSP) and use the gba bios.[/QUOTE]The game did not run through mednafen_gba_libretro.dll ​ The gpsp_libretro.dll produced the same result as vbam_libretro.dll As for the BIOS, it’s simply placing the gba_bios.bin in the …\RetroArch\system folder correct? Or is further configuration needed?

Yes that is all but did you tried changing to another rom of the same game? Also at what frame rate is this game running on those gba cores? Have you tried changing the video driver to d3d? Also do you get the same results in fullscreen and windowed mode?

[QUOTE=talos91;36482]did you tried changing to another rom of the same game?[/QUOTE]No, I could not find another unfortunately. I’d be really happy if I could.

[QUOTE=talos91;36482]Also at what frame rate is this game running on those gba cores?[/QUOTE]FPS were at 60.0 (59.950)

[QUOTE=talos91;36482]Have you tried changing the video driver to d3d?[/QUOTE]Tried, with same result (changed from video_driver = “gl” to video_driver = “d3d9” in retroarch.cfg)

[QUOTE=talos91;36482]Also do you get the same results in fullscreen and windowed mode?[/QUOTE]Yeah, results were the same.

Do you want my ROM so that you can personally test it out?

Ok I PMed you.