Crash after adding content

For some reason, RA has started crashing after scanning a folder, or when adding a game from the add content menu. It still adds all the roms to the playlist file, but afterwards it crashes with the generic windows “this program has stopped working” message. It didn’t do this before, but I can’t think of anything I’ve changed that might have caused it. I’ve pasted my config file and a log from when it crashed while scanning a folder

http://pastebin.com/s94Kn2W1 http://pastebin.com/VqwV2HQZ

Ok, after deleting the cfg file it stopped crashing on me, but I can’t get it to make a playlist for my saturn games

I’m not sure if we have Saturn scanning yet or, if we do, what set it would be based on, though I would assume Redump.

I just found retrotools and was able to use it to genereate a working playlist.

And after I finished getting my Saturn games to work I went back to using the add content menu to add some games to my other playlists, only to have RA start crashing again. It’s really strange, after scanning either a single file or a whole folder it will wait until after the new games have been written to the playlist before crashing. I’d post a new log, except it looks exactly the same as the first one I posted

Alright, after a bit of testing, I’ve narrowed the problem down to the Vulkan driver. If I change the video driver to vulkan and then exit RA, the next time I start it it will crash after adding content. If I go and change the video driver back to gl then exit and restart I can then add content again without it crashing on me.

I did this after deleting retroarch.cfg and the video driver is literally the only thing I changed to make it crash

Thanks for troubleshooting this. That’s a very strange thing to cause it but I think someone else may have reported something similar in the past, so you’re probably onto something. We’ll look into it.

Just downloaded the latest nightly (1/1/17) and it seems to be fixed

ha, well that’s nice. :slight_smile: