Crash (broke) savestates (FCEumm)

I use Retroarch version 1.3.3 on PSP E1008 (early used 1.3.x versions)

Why sometimes (randomly) all my savestates for currently game (FCEumm core) is crash: “Failed to load…”. All slots in same time crashes!

In early version (1.2.x - 1.3.x) I just restart Retroarch and all ok. All savestates for current game is worked. Always (or I’m so lucky :slight_smile: ) But now - I don’t know what to do! Sometimes all savestates not work (usually after sleep mode) and restart Retroarch not help me.

Any idea - what I have to do? Because I have to start my games from begin again and again in that case…

No, that’s weird. I don’t know why that would happen unless it’s corrupting the files when it crashes. Can you save one somewhere pre-crash and then compare it to a broken one post-crash?

After next “Failed to load…” I tried to save new slot (for example, “number 5” ) close Retroarch, open File manager and noticed that

1. in one case - filesizes (all early “Failed…” and new “number 5” saveslots) are different. Old saveslots have ~13byte, new slot ~5byte
  2. in other case - filesizes are not different, but early saveslots are not work “Failed to load…”

I don’t know what to do

How test it if its problem - randomly? Usually it happens when I finished few game levels, and want to stop (pause) game for next time (turn PSP in sleep mode)

Sorry for overpost…

Look, please my experiments

I marked in Red square - “Failed to load…” (early savestates) Other - new savestates - it works

I could load this roms (If needs) - but only in PM or else?

Hmm, I’m not sure what to tell you there :confused:

Are you having the same issues with other cores or just fceumm?

Now I testing (and playing) GoodNES romset, other cores don’t use (yet)

Could it be this issues at using PSP’s sleep mode (Hibernate)? Or not?

Wow!

Now I download Retroarch Windows version (1.3.2) and try to load broken savestate.

You don’t believe it, but in load broken state OSD:

Saveslot0 = Take screenshot Saveslot1 = Audio muted Saveslot2 = Shader parameters (menu)

Look, please step-by-step:

Broken Savestate0

[HR][/HR]

Broken Savestate1

[HR][/HR]

Broken Savestate2

►Testing files HERE◄

lol that’s definitely not intended. It seems this behavior was present at least as far back as 1.2.1 stable… I’ll look into it some more. Thanks for bringing it to my/our attention.

I understand. Would be cool, if you fix that sometime!

Thanks for your work for Retroarch!

Oh, so big potential, but this error is being impossible for normal playing… Now Retroarch 1.33 can freeze at any moment of the game and savestates can be broken automatically… I found you that hibernate mode (PSP) doesn’t affect this big problem I don’t know what to do I will have to play with another emulator :frowning:

I don’t have this issue on my PSP, I recently played MM3 completely (using some savestates) and didn’t have any issues.

You want to say that this issue only for some NES games with special mappers? But other PSP emulator (Nester) never had this issue.

Otherwise, link to broken savestates is here: https://yadi.sk/d/zVBAFoOWqyoup That’s from one rom, but I have many other with this issues