Crash mid game - Waiting for Client, You have Joined as Player 1

Hi, I’m using the current 1.94 64-bit version of Retroarch in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I recently installed it on my NUC and after playing a few games, I noticed the games appeared to lock-up, then Retroarch relaunches and it displays some notifications:

• Waiting for Client.
  • You have Joined as Player 1.

I am not playing online and Netplay is disabled so I have no idea what is happening? (assuming that’s what it is related to?)

I lose all progress in whatever game I am playing which is quite annoying; it also seems to happen at random.

I have been mostly using the FBNeo core but I think I have also seen the error when using SNES and Megadrive Cores.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what is happening?

Updated to v1.9.5 and I am also experiencing the same issue.

I disabled the AI setting and it seems to have been resolved; either that or the issue only occurs once each time it is launched.

I have enabled logging to try to catch it if it happens again.

Last night I had some even stranger behaviour, I recorded a video here https://app.box.com/s/8et49ylawtl7b4dsw8f7sopswon8s7xu every time I selected a new menu I see

• Netplay will start when content is loaded

This morning I removed all files and reinstalled and I’m still having the same issue. I was playing Outrunners with FBNeo and it crashed; then Windows Firewall was asking for permission for Retroarch to access local networks, and then Retroarch relaunched with the same:

• Waiting for Client.
  • You have Joined as Player 1.

I found someone with the same issue here https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroArch/comments/n36e9b/how_to_prevent_netplay_from_turning_on_on_its_own/

I am a fool, it looks like I forgot to install Direct-X and that has been the cause of a lot of the strange behaviour :sweat_smile:

Hopefully this is usefull to anyone with the same issues.

I’m having the same issues with the netplay but I’m on Android and since barely anyone talks about this crash it leaves RetroArch barely playable for me