Crash when open NDS roms

​After new update of retroarch, every time when start and open NDS roms just load emulator and autoclose the retroarch. I make tests with Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Genesis and others, all working perfectly, but NDS doesn’t work. Have any way to fix? Any people have the same problem? I help that problem be fixed soon.

PS: I have install the app DeSmuME for Ubuntu center and the same problem happen.

We’ll need a log to know what’s going on. Open from a command line with --menu --verbose and see what it prints to the terminal.

I think is the core that have a bug.

Hmm. I just tried it in Windows and it loaded fine. I’ll try it on linux when I get home from work.

Maybe is the version ubuntu 15.10? When I have ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS was working. I will try reinstall retroarch.

Maybe is the version ubuntu 15.10? When I have ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS was working.

I just tried it on 15.04 and it’s working fine for me. Perhaps try running it through gdb.

I have run through gdb and doesn’t work, maybe the core is damage or not compatible on 15.10.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x00007fffb0d34824 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libretro/desmume_libretro.so

I search in downloads of Libretro and no found the archive desmume_libretro.so to download. Can you provide you core desmume_libretro.so to download?

I solved the problem. I remove libretro-desmume, download a old package libretro-desmume_0.9.10.svn+r4841-13-ubuntu14.10.1_amd64 and install, work! I think the new core have any problem with ubuntu 15.10 or is dameged. Thanks for your help hunterk.

I upgrade the core again to test. libretro-desmume_0.9.11+r5066~17~ubuntu15.10.1_amd64 and happen the same problem, I think que new core don’t work on ubuntu 15.10, contact libretro to fix.

PS: Now I’m use the version 0.9.10 to work perfectly, wait to fix.

I think it’s a know issue, take a look: https://github.com/libretro/desmume/issues/59

It’s only crashing if you try to “Open Archive as Folder” or in the XMB playlist. Try to “Load Archive With Core” or open in the terminal with:

retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/desmume_libretro.so ~/your/path/your_nds_rom.zip

Try again, should be fixed now.