Crashes when loading DS game

Hello,

I am trying to get my DS games to work with RetroArch. I like the controller support and using NDS4iOS I’m dying where I shouldn’t be because my finger was a half an inch too low.

With that being said, every time I load a DS game, RetroArch crashes. The game file is fine, because I’m playing it on NDS4iOS. I’m using an iPad Air on iOS 7.1.1. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hmmm I guess it could be a dynarec issue, you could change the core-options files to make sure it uses interpreter mode but it would be slower.

I wasn’t able to locate that option in the settings. Can you tell me where to find that to try it?

nds4ios not support JIT run in interprete mode a full speed in iphone 5S

nds4ios use desmume core. i think something is wrong in retroarch desmume core, maybe need 64 bit support.

That doesn’t mean RA doesn’t have JIT, JIT is the default, I’ll make interpreter. You can’t alter that setting unless you manage to launch a game. Try locating .retroarch-core-options.cfg and changing it there.

desmume_cpu_mode = “jit” shoud become desmume_cpu_mode = “interpreter”

Done, still crashes at launch games, mupen64 have the same issue, strange because pscx working perfect in intérpreter mode.

Also some users report that the crashes in those cores only affect ARM 64 bits devices iPhone 5S up

Can we get a logcat/traceroute/whatever on some of those interpreter crashes? The only ones I’ve seen have been on dynarec init, but if these are crashing in interpreter, we should be getting something else (hopefully something fixable).

For example mupen64 Whit JIT enabled cause instant crash can’t see controls.

In interpreter mode launch the game and can see the controls then crash.

When I open .retroarch-core-options.cfg, all I get it this:

vbam-next-gamepad = “original” mupen64-cpucore = “cached_interpreter” mupen64-button-orientation-ab = “BA” mupen64-pak1 = “none” mupen64-pak2 = “none” mupen64-pak3 = “none” mupen64-pak4 = “none” mupen64-disableexpmem = “no” mupen64-gfxplugin-accuracy = “medium” mupen64-gfxplugin = “auto” mupen64-rspplugin = “auto” mupen64-screensize = “640x360” mupen64-filtering = “automatic” mupen64-virefresh = “1500” mupen64-framerate = “original”

Tried to open desmume_libretro_ios.cfg as well and it didn’t have it either. Any suggestions?

Add what I mentioned, but brujo5 says it didn’t work, so idk…

Sorry, I thought you meant there is something to change. I added it and it didn’t work just like Brujo. Anyone else have any ideas?

I recently downloaded retroarch on my iphone so I could play the AAI2 translation at work but it also crashes for me as soon as I select the rom. I tried loading an nes rom to make sure the emulator worked at all and it loaded fine. I also tried forcing the interpreter option that AndresSM mentioned but it didn’t change anything. I’m on a jailbroken 5S running 7.1.2

Well my friends, NDS core is dead. But N64 is working perfectly on iOS 8. I tried loading a rom and BOOM, it crashed.