Crashing on start up of N64 ROMs with Mugen64plus

The title describes it pretty well. I just set up my entire set up yesterday. The other cores for NES and SNES I have only had a couple minor problems that I have figured out. Now with N64 when I select a rom retroarch closes the new window pops for a split second than crashes.

Debug log

Failed to open C:\User\Desktop\Retroarch\saves\Super Mario 64 (USA).srm: no such file or directory

The log seems to be simple to me, but I just dont understand I have all the roms for each core in the same location. So I do not understand why its not working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

are you running GL video driver

The SRM error is normal if there’s no savefile already, so no worries there.

Have you tried the GlupeN64 core, as well? I find it to be much less fragile than mupen64plus-libretro.

To wertz, yes I am running the GL video driver. I have tried the paraLLel core and I got the same results with that. I will try GlupeN64 to see if that is any different.

That SRM error is the only thing I get before it crashes. There is nothing else on the log. Is that because its actually crashing before its opening. So I guess technically its never opening.

Okay so there is no GlupeN64 on the online updater? Is there something I’m missing on this?

https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/glupen64_libretro.dll.zip

Okay so I put that GlupeN64 file into the core file under my retroarch file. I was able to select it when I opened up retroarch but when I go to select the N64 rom they are no longer showing, as if they are not supported by this core. So did i do something wrong putting the GlupeN64 with Retroarch or is there something wrong with my roms?

Are you using a 32-bit RetroArch build, by chance? If so, that would explain why you didn’t see it in the updater and why that one’s not working for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I feel dumb, I should of had the 64 version anyway. So I got the 64 version got the GlupeN64 and now I am getting a pop up box saying retroarch.exe has stopped working. I also tried Mugen, same problem with it. My NES and SNES stuff is still working just fine.

Ok, that’s progress :slight_smile:

Can you get us a log of the new crash?

retroarch_debug is not giving me log window anymore. Is there another way to get one?

Finally got an error log. Looks like it may have something to do with my drivers for my graphics card. So I am going to mess with that. If you guys see anything let me know.

Edit: So I checked my drivers for my graphics card. It is up to date. So I am at a lose. =(

Are you running any Cg shaders? That can cause GlupeN64 to crash.

No, I am not running any shaders that I know of. My set up is pulled right off the stable download for a full retroarch package. Nothing custom.

Edit: I dont know if this is the problem or if it will help knowing this but im basically running this all on a older laptop. It has an intel i3 + onboard graphics. I would think that would be enough to run N64. Maybe im wrong.

I’m not sure how you do this on Windows, but you should check your OpenGL version. If it’s less than 3.3 it’s not going to work.

I suspect your card supports something less than OpenGL 3.3 but I could be wrong

[QUOTE=Limata9964;51376]

Finally got an error log. Looks like it may have something to do with my drivers for my graphics card. So I am going to mess with that. If you guys see anything let me know.

Edit: So I checked my drivers for my graphics card. It is up to date. So I am at a lose. =([/QUOTE]

what is your current videocard? you probably have not installed proper drivers for it. i have intel hd graphics(built in videocard) and its running fast as far as i can remember glide cards runs on it before.

Are your rom zipped or unzipped? If it’s zipped, can you try loading it unzipped?