Crashing only on SNES Games

Very strange issue! I moved my ROM root directory to the SD card on my Nvidia Shield and now suddenly no SNES games work. I’ve tried re-copying the games from my PC, I’ve tried reinstalling Retroarch with default settings and I’ve tried all three included SNES cores and the same thing happens: the yellow “launching ROM_NAME.ZIP” shows up at the bottom of the screen then Retroarch says that it ‘unfortunately, RetroArch has stopped working’ pops up and I get booted back to the RetroArch Android menu.

Anyone have a clue? PSX, MAME and other ROMs work great, and they’re all in the same root directory (in subfolders) on the same memory card. Out of ideas at this point!

UPDATE: Moving a couple of SNES roms back to the main system memory solved the problem. Why would this be?? Only SNES games cannot be launched from the memory card…

Are your other, working ROMs compressed, as well? My guess is that the decompression step is causing issues when the games are on SD.

Yup, I actually figured out what my issue was! viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1613

Kit Kat isn’t going to let Retroarch decompress my ROMs so I’ll either need to unzip them or split my ROMs up. Annoying! Might have to root…

Thanks all!