Crashing with D3D

When I set D3D as the video driver Retroarch crashes on launch. This happened in 1.22 and now in 1.30. I’m on Windows 8.1 64, Nvidia 760, video drivers up to date.

I read, in another thread, that Dx9 was required, so I installed it, but I get the exact same result… crashes on launch.

Is there anything else I need to do to get D3D working? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. If I turn on the rgui menu driver and try to launch Retroarch nothing happens. I have to edit the .cfg back to “gl” to get Retroarch to start. Pretty much the same as the original menu drivers and d3d except I don’t get the generic “Retroarch has stopped responding” message.

Also, for some reason, my back “z” button doesn’t seem to work in the rgui style menu (first time I have used that menu).

Nvidia 760

Is there a way to disable all shaders? I have been setting them up for the individual cores through the “quick menu”.

You can open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor and find video_shader_enable = “true” and change it to “false”

Ok, I seem to have got it working, finally, thanks to your advice. It was a combination of needing the rgui (which I’m already starting to like better anyway) menu and turning off glsl shaders in favor of .cg. Thanks very much for the help, I was banging my head on the wall over this one. :slight_smile:

One suggestion would be for Retroarch to automatically switch to rgui menu and reset shaders if you select d3d video. This would save people some headache.

The problem I’m having now is that I can’t find any gameboy related shaders that allow me to launch Retroarch. The crt shader I’m using is fine, but none of the handheld ones are working for me.