CRC32 in manually created playlists

I know how to generate checksums and how to manually create playlists but I need some clarification on the CRC32 entry. As an example I’ll be using The Adventures of Batman and Robin ROM for the Game Gear:

ROM CRC: BB4F23FF

Zip file CRC (torrentzipped): 01254E26

CRC listed in the Libretro Database (link): 3142525951

My first question is why is the CRC a 10-digit number in the Libretro Database. Isn’t it supposed to be 8-digits? How do I make use of this?

Second, if all of my ROMs are zipped (with torrentzip), should I use the CRC of the zip file, or should I point to the ROM itself in the entry and use the ROM’s CRC?

It seems it’s in decimal in the database, not in hex.

Anyway, is it even needed? It seems to be you can just omit the CRC in the playlist altogether. Games seem to load fine without it.

My understanding is that the CRC32 entry is needed for netplay. Also I’d just like to make the playlists as complete as possible so I won’t need to redo them later on if it becomes required for other things.

Thanks for the tip about decimal. I converted it to hex and it matched up. What about the RDB databases, though? The CRCs in those seem to be 7 hex bytes.