Creating playlist for mame2000?

Hi there! I’m trying now to add mame2000 playlist to retroarch (and cross fingers trying to make it work).

I load mame2000 core (still don’t know if it’s worth loading it before or does nothing at all), then go to add content and explore the folder where I have the romset… but only about 170 games appear, and they appear on a final burn alpha playlist. and no game will work. at all. I just click on them, screen flashes and retroarch just crashes. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’m using a mame full romset 0.37b11

same happens if I just load the core then load content… select the .zip file (let’s say 1941.zip), and retroarch just crashes… :frowning:

if you roms are seen as FB Alpha - Arcade Game, then probably your sets(or at least those that were seen and added to playlist) are 0.2.97.38 romsets, since their database is for that version instead of the fba core thats 2.97.38. verify and clean-up your romsets with clrmame, run them through Torrentzip after and fbaalpha should play them and be detected by playlist. try load content/detect core method if you really want to play using mame