CRT Switch Res Retro Arch 1.7.5 / 1.7.6 DOSBOX / SCUMMV Problem

Hi,

i’ve noticed to following problem that seems to exist after the retroarch arch 1.7.5 build. When i start a game in DosBox or a Scumm VM game that uses the resolution 320x200 so for example the super res of 2560x200 the game wont stretch out to the full width of the screen anymore, while in retroarch 1.74. this worked. I’ve tried a number of different options concerning custom aspect ratio and so on but nothing seems to be able to correct this problem, that didnt occur in 1.7.4.

so what basically happens is that:

1. the game starts as a small vertical strip at the center of the screen
  2. then when the image is expanded it wont strech out to the full screen width but just to smaller amount so that it wont cover the whole screen.

Maybe somebody knows something about the issue, would be glad if s.o. could help, thank you.

It sounds like you screen resolution has not changed.

The reason for the small stripe is that an aspect ratio would have been calculated by CRTSwitchRes of 12.8:1. If you desktop screen resolution has not switch this would be the outcome.

What setup do you have? If you run 1.7.4 on this same setup does it work properly or with issues?

Can you download the latest build from.

https://mme4crt.alphanudesign.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29

Also if you wouldn’t mind posting the users on the official MMR4CRT (CRTSwitchRes) forum, that would be appreciated.

@hamster3001 If you turn debug mode on in the CRTSwitchRes options. Then run mme4crt.exe from command line. It will tell you exactly what CRTSwitchRes is looking for.

This is a very helpful feature for people who are having issues with installed resolutions.

1 Like

Hi Alpha,

thanks again for your help and the hints! Didn’t know that other forum and will post there in the future about crt switch res :slight_smile:

i’ve downloaded the last version and here’s the debug log for a game where screen scale fails:

************ CRTSwitchRes Debug output ************

CRT Resolution: 3840x200
Refresh Rate: 60.000000

[libretro INFO] Resolution changed 640x400 => 320x200 [INFO] Environ SET_GEOMETRY. [INFO] SET_GEOMETRY: 320x200, aspect: 1.333. [INFO] Paused.

I’m using the same setup on all retroarch versions (also with 1.7.4), (CRT Emu driver with Radeon HD 7900 and a sony pvm 20l4) I’ve also installed about 60 modelines so the resolutions should all be there.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it: but with the new version the “dynamic” setting for switchres also doesnt work for me only 2560 or 3840 work for other games / the rgui.

all the best