Custom_viewport_y = "" not created in override if not already there

Updated to RA 1.9.6 on windows 64, using Stella for A2600 games I’ve been creating a custom override for every game to fit my 1920x1200 (wxga) monitor with Orionsangel overlay/bezel. and as of 1.9.4 all has been going well. I started a couple games that I knew I’d already tweaked and noticed the Y value off- the scores were up to high off screen. So I went to the RA menu, settings, video, scale and set the Y value to fit correctly, back out, quick menu, saved override again. Close retroarch, start game again and doggone it, sam ething! scores up too high off screen. Opened the config in notepad++ and by golly there was no Y value! aspect_ratio_index = “23” cheevos_challenge_indicators = “true” custom_viewport_height = “1345” custom_viewport_width = “1355” custom_viewport_x = “278” input_overlay = “:\overlays\borders\atariplain-bez.cfg” input_overlay_opacity = “0.900000” video_crop_overscan = “false”

I see no custom_viewport_y = “” but I do see a cheevos line added which I have NOT added myself- I’ve never even gone into the cheevos stuff before.

If I create a new override from scratch then the Y value will be saved but NOT when a game is opened with an existing config

I dread checking on my C64 overrides now for fear the same thing may happen :slight_smile:

I’ve noted if I set Y = “0” in the RA video scaling then RA just won’t save that line. If it’s plus or minus any number it does save it in the override config. I need the Y = “0” line as without it game screens move too far up the screen

1 Like

This is a recent development, you say? Is there any way you could pin down when it started?

I would say with 1.9.6. I was using 1.9.4 until today when I thought I was downloading 1.9.5 but its actually 1.9.6

For the life of me I can’t imagine why RA is plugging the cheevos line into all my per game overrides too (Only if opened and then saved of course)

The biggest issue is its not saving the Y value line if its 0.

I just downloaded the 6/30 nightly and no changes. Heres an example of my Fantastic Voyage override. What I started with first and then what RA changed when I saved in the menu; aspect_ratio_index = “23” custom_viewport_height = “1310” custom_viewport_width = “1490” custom_viewport_x = “210” custom_viewport_y = “0” input_overlay = “:\overlays\borders\atariplain-bez.cfg” input_overlay_opacity = “0.900000” video_crop_overscan = “false”

aspect_ratio_index = “23” cheevos_challenge_indicators = “true” custom_viewport_height = “1310” custom_viewport_width = “1490” custom_viewport_x = “210” input_overlay = “:\overlays\borders\atariplain-bez.cfg” input_overlay_opacity = “0.900000” video_crop_overscan = “false”

You can see RA stripped the viewport_y= line and plugged in a cheevos line