Customize input settings but not work

Hello, can anybody know why cause this:
I already changed user 1 binds, include change D-pad four buttons to wasd, and AB button to jk, shown below:

but when I enter the Mame game “ninja baseball batman”, I found that the character I control in the game, the binds listed above are only j and k in effect, wasd are not effect! The keys control the character movement still up,down,left,right, which is the default binds.
Why I changed the wasd binds, and it not effect in game ,can anybody tell me why? thanks

MAME core(s) put the joystick on the left analog stick for some reason, rather than the dpad.

MAME has it’s own general and per game keyboard mappings you can change by pressing Tab when you have a game open in it.

3 Likes

thanks,it works! But how can I set a key to null? and how to set all back to default?

Press delete to clear a setting and enter to reset it to default.

thank you again, I’ll try it later

Hello, how can I reset these changed keys to defalut at one time? Can you tell me how to do ,thanks!

Doesn’t enter work? You might have to press it twice. I’m just going by what the MAME documentation says, since I think I’ve only ever cleared out options with Delete. Another way to reset everything would be to find the mame/cfg folder and delete the default.cfg, which is probably where your ROMs are by default. Or RetroArch/saves.

1 Like

Delete and Enter not work, I’m use Mac, and when I press Delete the GUI shows “BKCSPACE”. Shown below:

But delete cfg file can work! Thank you very very much!

1 Like

hello, can you help me to solve another problem?
In the game, I want to modify the contols, shown below:

how can I do to change the binds? I press any key ,but the GUI has no response to me.Press what key can change the binds? Thanks.

For those you press left and right to cycle through. When you’re done changing controls there, you press confirm (enter on the keyboard) on Save … Remap file. Whichever type you want to save the control changes for.

1 Like

Thanks very much again! It works!

1 Like