D3D not working with Windows 10?

So I have grabed the latest nightly for the x64 Windows and I wanted to use CG shaders so I changed the driver to D3D, since the default GL won’t load CG shaders (debug says so). I know some people needed the Directx9 and retroarch complained about missing DLL but that didn’t ahppen. Instead, retroarch runs fine, but it seems either the GUI is broken or there is a bug because all I can see is a black screen with some text at the top saying “Select file” or something. I found out that everything is actually working underneath, I can even play if I can get the to the game blindly.

Any tips?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the quick reply, but when I try it, it defaults to GL (“Couldn’t find any video driver named rgui”. Debug says that only GL, D3D and SD12 are available.

Why are you manually editing the config file, and on top of that, changing the wrong thing? You should have changed ‘menu_driver’ instead of ‘video_driver’.

Anyway, to prevent mistakes like this, you should really use the built-in settings menu in RetroArch.

I had to changed it by editing because I couldn’t see the screen to change it there. But yes, my fault for reading it wrong. The old menu works with D3D.

A wiki about simple things like that would be really helpful.

Thank you.