D3dx9_43.dll missing

Hey there everyone!! This is my first time using RetroArch and I’m a little frustrated. I’ve downloaded and tried almost every version in the stable section of the site, and all of them tell me that “d3dx9_43.dll is missing” and to reinstall the program. Well, there is no reinstalling the program because the instructions just say to unzip and launch. SO, I started my exploration of the other versions to see if any of them would have this mysterious d3dx9_43 and apparently they’re all holding out.

Any ideas out there???

I’ve tried this with my Windows 10 machine, and it still doesn’t work. Same error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

That link apparently only works with Win 98, 2000, and the Server 2003 family.

I appreciate the help. However, I’ve already run an install of DirectX, and the dll issue continues.

Did you actually run the DXSETUP.exe from Radius’ link?

I attempted to, from my Windows 10 system. It throws an error that it only works on Win 98, ME, 2000, Server 2003, etc…

1 Like

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

From this link it gives a directx_Jun2010_redist.exe. Run that, choose where to extract the files, then there will be a DXSETUP.exe in the place you extracted. Run that.

My mistake. I ran one that was posted and removed. Running this one now.

That one worked! Thanks for the help!

Hello friends! I’m new here, but I need to reopen this topic because in my case the problem persists. I downloaded the file dxwebsetup.exe and the other one with 98mb. The two install to a certain extent and then have an error. The installer then looks at dxerror.log and also directx.log. Directx.log does not show anything abnormal. But the other:

[07/27/17 01:46:14] module: dxupdate (Nov 19 2010), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6776, function: CMDXInstall :: Install

Failed API: DeleteFile ()
Error: (5) - Access is denied.

Unable to delete C: \ Users \ maure \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ DX5A8.tmp \ Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll.

[07/27/17 01:46:15] module: dxupdate (Nov 19 2010), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6776, function: CMDXInstall :: Install

Failed API: DeleteFile ()
Error: (32) - The file is already being used by another process.

Unable to delete C: \ Users \ maure \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ DX5A8.tmp \ Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll.

[07/27/17 01:46:15] module: dxupdate (Nov 19 2010), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5738, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

Failed API: SetupIterateCabinet ()
Error: (1224) - The requested operation can not be performed on a file with an open user-mapped section.

What can this be?