Default shader for all systems, shader help

Hey everyone

I’m having a bit of difficulty here. I use retroarch only in Hyperspin. I don’t use it in stand alone.

Now I want to use say lottes crt shader as a default for all my systems, is there a way to do it?

I have my cfg files for all my systems in read only mode. The default retroarch cfg has all my default controls setup, it is also in read only mode , because I’m scared to lose everything I’ve setup. This is the only thing left to do for me.

I’ve never even loaded a core/cfg inside retroarch at this point. I use a tankstick for now, and I’ve setup the in game menu button to a tankstick button but doesn’t seems to go into the retroarch game menu to even flip through shaders. I’ve defaulted the hot key button it seems properly in the retroarch cfg but doesn’t want to work.

Wondering if there’s a specific way just to edit the CFG file to have a default shader for the the systems…I’m only using old school systems and I do like tre crt lottes in my mameuifx emulator.

I’m sure I’m doing something really really dumb

the cfg lines: video_shader_enable = “” video_shader = “” are the ones you’ll want to mess with. Set the first one to “true” and the second one to “C:\path\to\lottes.cg” or whatever.

I think I got ya Am I editing just the default retroarch CFG, not the systems one correct. The one beside the retroarch.exe

Yeah, just the main one.

One thing to know about shaders is that once you load one up, it’s gets written to your retroarch.cgp/glslp/slangp (depending on which video driver you’re using) and that’s actually what gets loaded all the time. This can be a problem if you have per-core shaders set up for some cores and not others, as it will seem like the shader setting is spilling over into other cores’ settings, but that’s not really the case.

I don’t think you’ll have any issues since you’re just doing one shader for everything, though.

To avoid overwriting shaders when a new RA comes out, it is a good idea not to use the default shader but a renamed copy of it for each core you plan to use it.