Default Volume

What is the default volume settings for RA? I was looking over my configs and they are everywhere. I would like to normalize them to the defaults.

thanks

Should be +/- 0 dB, AFAIK.

What would that display as 00.000000 in the config?

yeah. Midi volume looks to be 100 by default, but the others are 0.0000… .

Perfect, thank you very much.

If you highlight a setting and press space (or start on a controller) the setting will be reverted to its default value.

1 Like

It’s easier to edit all of the configs at once with Notepad++ than it is to launch a game from each system, wait for the fade screen to load, and navigate through the menus.

Good information either way. I was unaware of this feature.

You stored the volume as a per-game override? Why?

Maybe one of the games was just plain quiet.

All of my configs are saved per system, not per game. That would be an insane amount of configs.

OK, but why volume as well? :stuck_out_tongue: Core overrides should only contain the settings you actually want to override, otherwise they’re a nightmare to maintain (as this thread shows.)

There’s no nightmare. I’m using RockerLauncher. It loads the system config and that’s it. I think maybe you’re not fully understanding my setup.

Well, you said:

“I was looking over my configs and they are everywhere”

And then you said:

“It’s easier to edit all of the configs at once with Notepad++ than it is to launch a game from each system, wait for the fade screen to load, and navigate through the menus.”

That didn’t sound like “it loads the system config and that’s it.”

Everywhere as in, the settings within them. Specifically volume.

This :joy::rofl::sweat_smile: