DEmul and Supermodel Cores

Can you guys PLEASE make cores for the latest versions of DEmul (Sammy Atomiswave, NAOMI, Dreamcast) and Supermodel (SEGA Model 3)?

Is this falling on deaf eyes? I’m surprised there is no interest for these cores, or is it too complicated? It would be amazing to have DEmul and Supermodel in RetroArch. These emulators are some of the best. DEmul Dreamcast blows away Reicast at the moment and for who knows how long. MAME can’t emulate Model 3, NAOMI, NAOMI 2, or Atomiswave properly. I really think these 2 cores should be a high priority, in my honest opinion.

DEmul isn’t open source, is it?

I’m confused. I found a google code page for Demul source code… But it’s likely outdated. https://code.google.com/archive/p/demul/

Did they close the source or something?

Yes that source is outdated (quite old actually), source for newest version is not open.

And considering the authors attitude, its very unlikely that this changes so chances for a libretro core are pretty much zero.

It’s a shame, Demul’s compatibility is the best for Dreamcast right now, but it has some odd performance issues. I think if the source was out there and it could be libretroized it would work better under RetroArch’s superior Vsync.

Oh, my mistake I thought DEmul was open source since it keeps getting posted on EmuCR. I didn’t realize they only kept the issues tracker updated on the git. :sigh: Maybe I will contact one of the devs. What about Supermodel? I thought that was open source also but maybe not?

DEmul’s shaders/filters are horrible and unusable.

There was interpersonal drama here, but I’ve moved it to here. Please keep threads on track.

Well, i would be more interested in seeing updates to yabause or dolphin cores.

Yabause is completely redundant.

You mean with mednafen saturn ? i don’t think so, at the moment mednafen saturn is still early beta, won’t run at all on arm, and won’t run european games, unlike yabause.

With Mednafen and SSF yeah.

also yabause has seen quite a lot of development over recent months. dynarecs, fast android version, etc. competition is good :slight_smile:

SSF is closed source, windows binary, standalone only, and x86 only. Mednafen is x86 only and focusing on LLE. Yabause is cross-platform and focusing on HLE. That’s 3 different emulators each with their pros and cons, you can’t say they are redundant.

Demul works surprisingly well, albeit with some hiccups. Overall, I’m very impressed.

Is this a core wishlist thread? It looks like a core wishlist thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I too wish Demul was available as a libretro core! It’s my most wanted core at the moment. SSF and Demul are were the only emulators I kept regularly using outside of RetroArch, but now with Mednafen Saturn, Demul is the only one left! (And just like SSF, I have to use it with complicated Borderless Gaming + AutoIt combos just to have it display in the right resolution without vsync issues…)

Hopefully its developers will consider going open source eventually…