Desmume core - Mouse very erratic

well i have been replying to you since you started posting the issue… isadly, you had no way to test how i wanted the test done to have an idea of whats really going on and just bable with desmume-future whatever that is… its sad you havent “talked” to anyone able to give you a solution… i mean honestly…

I’m sorry. I meant no offense. I greatly appreciate you working with me on this. I was speaking generally, not about you. I also didn’t think before I spoke and it’s hard to convey emotion properly through text. Please forgive me.

I’m just frustrated because I don’t see that core you want me to test and don’t know how to get it if it isn’t on the list.

I’m also frustrated because like you said, it should be working, and for whatever reason, it’s not working for me.

Let’s start over…How can I get that core since it isn’t on the list on the core updater? I’ll do your test and we’ll go from there.

Thanks for all your help and speedy replies. I feel like with your help we’ll get there and I’ll gladly PayPal you the money once we do. :slight_smile:

Thanks again,

–J

I’ve also done a Google search for FCEUmm download libretro core and only find things for Linux. I’m trying here, but am just not finding that core. A link would be greatly appreciated since it isn’t on the core updater list. Thanks so much.

I found a link for FCEUmm standalone. Would that work or does it need to be the core for RetroArch? I just can’t find that, but if stand alone would work for the test, I’d be happy to download and install it right now.

Thanks,

–J

I found pointer mode for left analog and changed it to absolute. That did nothing. I also found pointer mode for right analog and also changed it to absolute. That also did nothing. This is in the regular Desmume core. Was this the option you were talking about?

Thanks again,

–J

No, its Pointer Type (mouse/pointer options)… that just below Mouse/Pointer (on/off)

Ok, I just checked that. My only options there are mouse and touch. I’ve tried both. Touch disabled the mouse and mouse is what it is always set on. Are you saying there should be a different option?

sorry, its mouse and touch

Ok, we see the same things then. It’s always been set on mouse but I tried touch and touch disables the mouse altogether. Is that what it’s supposed to do?

yes, its disabled mouse or crosshair since this uses your actual pointer for the location where you click.

for reference, touch=pointer=absolute modes

Ok, PROGRESS!!! :smiley:

Here’s what happened…I put it on touch and thought the mouse had been disabled, but it isn’t…The crosshair is still there, but it is a few inches below the actual mouse pointer. It is smooth and not erratic now, but it just doesn’t match up with the crosshair/actual pointer, so I have to click about 3" above what I actually want to click on for it to work, if that makes sense.

What’s next, boss? :slight_smile:

check in retroarch, “settings>driver>input driver” what is chosen there. i think raw behaves differently in mouse mode, choose dinput if its works for your system should have better “pointer/touch” mode function

Ok, the crosshair has disappeared again, but if I click about 2 to 3" above what I want, it works.

The input driver was already set to dinput. I switched it to Raw and there is no difference.

So there is no crosshair, but it is not erratic and is quite controllable, it just doesn’t line up with my mouse pointer.

I feel like we’re “almost” there and will hopefully be asking for your PayPal address soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much,

–J

ok i am not quite sure about the accuracy of where you exacltly are pointing. its works great here with chrono cross, probably other games are kinda offset? what game is this? want to test.

I’ve tested with multiple games. I keep picking 1001 Touch Games (USA) since it’s close to first on my list, but again, I’ve tested with multiple games and get the same results. I’ll try another to be sure, though.

and btw, if you to play instead having the crosshair, go back to using mouse mode, and adjust Mouse speed it its too fast (like its moving erraticly)

To give you an example, if I want to click something near the top of the bottom screen, I have to put my mouse pointer all the way on the top screen, directly above where I want to click, in order for it to register/work. It’s a 27" monitor at 1920x1080 and I’m having to click 2.5" to 3" above where I want to actually click for it to work.

Another person mentioned mouse speed, but I don’t see that option anywhere. Where is that option?

Mouse Speed should in core options, if you are using the DesMume core without the 2015 or 2014 it should just be under Pointer Type

Ok, I’m using the one that says 2015. I’ll switch to the plain one that just says Desmume and will report back in a few minutes. Core options is where I’ll go. This is under the quick menu still? Options under quick menu or “Core options” not under quick menu?