Desmume core - Mouse very erratic

yes, core options = quick menu

Ok, in the quick menu, I have “options” but no “core options” and this is where I change from mouse to touch. On that menu, there is nothing having to do with mouse speed. There is an acceleration percentage which is set to 0 by default, but nothing that says mouse speed in options, under quick menu. What am I missing here?

I’m using 1.7.1 version from Git and then there are other numbers after that. Is that the version you’re on? Is that the core version or the RetroArch version? Maybe we’re using different version cores? I downloaded the latest one with the core updater and that’s what I’m using. If there is an older version with that option, how would I go about getting it?

im never talking about retroarch version here… use the desmume core without the numbers

I am using that core. When I press F1 at the bottom of the screen is where it says 1.7.1 from Git followed by several other numbers. I was just wondering if that is the core version or the RA version?

I’m using the plain Desmume core, though, not the 2015 or future core.

i am not sure where you in the menu. pressign F1 should directly bring you to the quick menu or core options. if not, just press BACK a few times to go to main menu and find Quick Menu on the very top of the left-most menu option

Pressing F1 does take me to the quick menu. But at the bottom in green it says 1.7.1 from git 70a5779 and I was wondering if this is telling me the RA version or the core version or both?

I’m just thinking, since I don’t have the mouse speed option, maybe we’re using a different version of the core? I mean, we’re using the same core, but maybe since I ran the auto-core-updater today, maybe I have the latest version of the Desmume core and maybe you’re using an older version with that feature and for whatever reason, maybe my version has that feature removed.

Is there any way I could get a copy of the core you are using so we can be sure we’re using the same version? That way I’ll have the mouse speed option?

I could be wrong, and maybe that’s not the issue, but I definitely don’t have that option under quick menu.

im using latest from online updater

Then I have no idea why I don’t see that option. It’s called “Mouse Speed” right? It’s under the quick menu - options, right? I just don’t have that! What could be the problem here? I’m confused as to why I don’t have that option??

I just checked the online updater as I was going to download it again, but the only option there is for the Desmume 2015 core. Regular Desmume doesn’t show up and neither does the core you wanted me to test with earlier. It downloads the index when I click online updater so I don’t know why it’s not on there, but it’s not. :frowning:

are you using retroarch? or some other launcher?

Retroarch is what I’m using, but to launch the actual games I’m using RocketLauncher. I tried going into RA directly to launch the game and got the same result, though.

no idea whats goin on there then. rocketlauncher probably messing with default options

Ok, I’ll go back to RA without RocketLauncher and see what I find. I’ll report back in a few minutes. Thanks.

Ok, I launched RA directly. I went to core updater. The only core is Desmume_2015. Regular Desmume isn’t there.

Can you check to see if you have the mouse speed option in Desmume_2015? That way we can be sure we’re both using the same core and the same version, as I just updated the core (2015) from the online updater.

I don’t know why regular Desmume doesn’t show on the updater, though. Are you sure it shows up for you today?

Ok, I’m using RA directly now without RocketLauncher and get the same results. Under the quick menu, options, there is Pointer Enable, Pointer type, and pointer color in that order and there is no mouse speed option at all.

This is using the latest Desmume2015 core I just downloaded 5 minutes ago from the online updater and no rocketlauncher, just RetroArch by itself.

So what does this mean?

desmume2015 do not have mouse speed

Ok, that makes sense then. The version of the regular Desmume core I have does not have mouse speed either and it is no longer showing up on the online updater. Is there any way you could share your Desmume core so I have the same one as you and will have the mouse speed option? I’d really appreciate it very much.

While I was waiting on your reply, I was Googling and finally found a new Desmume core with the mouse speed option.

I set it all the way to the lowest speed of .125 and it is better, but still not working right. It is still erratic and way too fast. If I could slow it down about 3 more times slower, I think it would work, but I’m already at the lowest setting.

So then I switched it from “mouse” to “touch” and got the same results as before. I have to click about 3" above where I actually want in order for it to work.

So now what? I’m at a loss. :frowning:

I should also note, even with it set to mouse, and the mouse speed all the way at the lowest setting which “almost” works, the crosshair is still about 3" below my actual mouse pointer. Why is this and what can I do about it? Where should I look?