Desmume core - Mouse very erratic

If you tell me what your resolution is set to, I can try that here??

You’re using hybrid mode, where touch mode doesn’t function quite correctly, right?

I suppose. I didn’t see anything that said “Hybrid.” What touch mode does is, simple, but kind of difficult to explain. It works just fine, but my mouse pointer will have to be a few inches directly above where I actually want to click for it to register the click.

I’ve selected Touch as the option instead of Mouse. I didn’t see a “Hybrid” mode, though.

The thing is, though, in the old Desmume-Future core I have, this option works perfectly. I’d use that core, but it doesn’t have a screen gap option. :frowning:

You need to be more observant. Hybrid mode is the screen layout option. The option probably works perfectly in Desmume-Future because there’s no screen gap.

Anyway, I went through and fixed everything I could. I even added some really slow mouse speeds for you. Once the buildbot comes through everything should be fixed.

1 Like

Thank you VERY much!

I really appreciate it. I can’t believe how fast you did this. You’ve made my day.

Please give me your PayPal address and I’ll send you payment.

Also, I’m sorry, but I’m not familiar with “build-bot” - where will I find a link to the newest .dll?

Thanks again,

–J

The buildbot is a program that detects changes to the source code repository and turns it into the .dll file.

https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/

At that link you can check the status. Note that the date on the desmume file says 3/24, so it’s not updated yet. When it does, you can download it from there or use the core updater built into retroarch.

Got it! I learned something today. Thanks again!

All fixed!!! WORKS GREAT!

Thank you all who replied and helped and thanks to the devs and folks that work so hard on this!

I’m off to play NDS now!

–J

Unfortunately, I’m having one last remaining problem…

Audio Mute is on. I turn it off, and then I save it in settings, save current config, and I’ve tried save new config, and even save core overrides, but as soon as I exit a game and go back in, whether the same game or a new game, audio mute is back on again.

I can’t get it to stay off.

I can turn it off then play the game with the audio on, but no matter how I save it, as soon as I exit and go back in to play again, audio mute is on again.

What can I do about this?

Thanks,

–J

I figured it out, but am still curious… I noticed it will save a new config but when I try to save current config, it says “failed saving current config” and I don’t know why. I deleted the desmume.cfg and replaced it with desmume-7.cfg (I had tried 7 times to save it, I guess) and that worked, but I wonder why it won’t save the current config?

Anyway…Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks again,

–J