Desmume core - Mouse very erratic

Yes… It matches perfectly!

ok desmume probably has different tracking for the location of the pointer for different games… since it works fine on chrono trigger. cant help more than this now since i dont work stuff in desmume. better forward these findings in official desmume development page.

post the issue here and link this forum thread:

Ok, thank you for all your help. I do have one question, though. If I sent you Desmume future…The one that works fine in absolute mode, couldn’t you just copy the portion we need into the new Desmume core? I know NOTHING about programming and don’t know how big of a deal that would be, so if it is unreasonable, please forgive me. I’m just trying to think of a solution here. :slight_smile:

Would you take a look at my thread I just posted at https://github.com/libretro/desmume/issues/31 and tell me if I described the problem accurately and make any suggestions on anything else to add, or just add it yourself as a comment over there? :slight_smile: I’d really appreciate it. I want to make sure I described the problem accurately.

Thanks,

–J

can you test how chrono trigger behaves with your setup? and if its still “off” when clicking the rectangle boxed in menu screen? its shouldn’t be at least in my test here.

I don’t know what you mean by test chrono trigger? I played a game of Duck Hunt with zapper set to pointer and it worked great. What exactly do you want me to do?

play chrono trigger for desmume/nintendoDS

oh, that’s a game. :wink: I see… Yes, let me make sure I have it. I’ll test.

Do you want me to try the version of Desmume that you sent me or the version I downloaded earlier?

any one of them. both if you can

Ok, on the one you sent me, when set to touch mode (absolute) it does nothing and doesn’t work or register my click no matter where I click.

I will now change to the other Desmume core I downloaded previously (it does have the mouse speed option) and test that in touch mode.

It will be a few minutes, though… Brb.

oh “the one i sent” dont use it then if its not working. i was thinking of the plain desmume without the number

Right… That’s the second one I just checked and it’s doing the same as before. I have to click about 3" above where I actually want in order for it to work. Just checked on Chrono Trigger.

delete that one i sent so as it never appears again in conversation as it will just mess things up since you say its not working. test with the ones that were working before, that plain desmume and desmume2015 for comparison

Ok, got it. Deleted.

So my idea for copying the portion of code that is working correctly out of that “future” core is not a good idea? Won’t work?

what? this is still off in chrono trigger? that core got issue then, probably on higher resolution.

My resolution is standard 1920x1080.

well i dont have that standard

I didn’t mean it is “the” standard, I just meant I was using “a” standard resolution and not something weird. :slight_smile:

Would you like me to try a different resolution?