DeSmuME mouse pointer works in RA 1.3.6 but not in 1.4.0 or 1.4.1

Well this issue is occurring for me on Windows 10 x64 and does not happen on Linux (thanks to @sergio-br2 who tested that out)

Anyway, as I showed in my filed issue on GitHub, this is my problem:

What could be the problem here? Is there a new setting I could have missed in 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 that were not in 1.3.6

The pointer in every version of DeSmuME works in 1.3.6 that I have tested (October 2016 - present)

If anyone have a good answer to why this doesn’t work for me, please post it here!

As of right now I can’t even start a new game in Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow in RA 1.4.0 or 1.4.1 because I can’t sign a name. I can’t do anything that’s pointer related and it’s annoying to the bones, it should just work.

Might have to stick with 1.3.6 for the time being.

P.S I don’t really need to start a new game in Castlevania but it’s the easiest use case scenario to try it out. If I wanted to start a new game I could just use 1.3.6

It’s not working for me either with a nightly from yesterday. Enable mouse/pointer is enabled and pointer type is set to mouse.

The emulated r-stick pointer still works at least.

Interesting, I’ll be right back after I tried Pointer Emulation…

EDIT:

L-stick and R-stick pointer through “Pointer emulation” works, mouse pointer when “Pointer emulation” is set to “none” does not work.

Unless someone with working pointer is kind enough to share their RetroArch files along with the working DeSmuME core we might as well can close this thread and discussion because my filed issue on GitHub have been closed.

So yeah, apparently I took a mushroom overdose and hallucinated the whole pointer being broken, except for Awakened who also took an overdose.

OK I took @anon24419061 advice in my filed GitHub issue which suggested unzipping RetroArch, download the core and load a game. That worked actually which means somewhere along the way when you configure RetroArch it breaks and the pointer stops working.

Figured out the offending option. Set input_max_users to at least 2. For some reason having it set to 1 is causing this. Not the first time that option has caused issues.

1 Like

Awakened, you beat me to it. That’s exactly what’s causing this mess. Thank god we know what it is that is causing this now.