Development Suggestions

there’s two suggestions,

1. in Nightly build, sometimes certain settings ruining app itself(locked or broken until wipeout all and re-install) so at least for nightly build testers, need panic button like reset or rollback function will helped for ‘prevent lossing all datas’

recent root space …/data/data/com.retroarch and cfg manual edit things are too complicated and not much helped.

1. RA can set background wallpaper for XMB UI. but when image or video files like those are too big or huge size, on android phones it’s make easily hang or crash the app.

so we need a options to ‘totally ignore the video/image files / certain oversized directory’ like things.

Inside the shader preset file the drive letter is specificaded:

shader0 = “E:\Emuladores\RetroArch\shaders\shaders_glsl\ntsc…/misc/nes-color-decoder.glsl”

The path could be saved without the drive letter. Exemple:

shader0 = “:\shaders\shaders_glsl\ntsc…/misc/nes-color-decoder.glsl”

So, the RetroArch folder can be moved to other driver without problem.

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

Going the extramile here by asking this but, seeing development back to both Xbox OG & 360, what madness would it take to release RA for… Dreamcast?

Sure, it might run up to Sega Genesis maybe but, just for the sake of having it.

Twinaphex has talked about it (and a PS2 port, as well), so it could happen eventually. These would be pretty useless ports, but could be fun anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool! You have a tester for DC here! :slight_smile:

Btw, DC has some good emus already, like NesterDC, Neo4all (awesome neogeo cd emu!) and Sega Genesis Plus DC.

Snes4all is somewhat decent and also Gnuboy DC and a very limited mame implementation.

I always hoped for a port of the cps1 & 2 emus from psp to DC,

Sugguestion: Core “Options” Override

There doesn’t seem to be a way to set Core “Options” per game.

For instance, on mednafen_pce_fast_libretro, the core options now give you the option to choose which system BIOS to use when you load a game.

However, there’s no way to set certain games to certain BIOS. For example:

Fighting Street = syscard2.pce Castlevania - Rondo of Blood = syscard3.pce

I’m certain there would be much more diverse uses for a Core “Options” override, but this is just the example I had.

I’m still trying to sort out the ideal place to post this - here or Github are all I’ve figured out.

I’ve noticed that RetroArch sometimes has trouble using the ingame save function on Android. When this happens no obvious error is thrown (or any that I could find) to notify the user that the save failed to write to the filesystem. Some type of notification would be useful.

I would love to see RetroArch organize games more intuitively. Right now it does not recognize many of the common game naming codes that are found at the end of the games. The artwork is not displayed and country codes are not expanded in these caseses. It would also be nice if only 1 copy of each game was shown on the games list. Then if there are options (languages, translations, bad and recommended copies etc) they could be sub-selected. That would really clean up the look and selection process when there are many ROMS.

Thanks for the amazing app. Keep up the good work!

A very small suggestion: would it be possible to be able to have the option change the screenshot format between .png and .jpg? .png creenshots taken in 4K resolution with complex shaders on are often so large that they can’t be uploaded to some services without a change in file format, so being able to do that natively would be a big help.

Thanks for all your hard work!

That would require us to add a jpeg encoder, either homegrown or through a separate dependency, neither of which is particularly attractive.

Had a thought earlier today. Would it be possible to add mouse axis and button support mapping for RetroPad?

Like, for instance, map the Right-Stick X-axis to the mouse X-axis, and B & A to left/right click?

Probably seems mostly silly, and probably far harder than I’d imagine to setup, but I thought it was an interesting thought none-the-less

1 Like

A no color option for the menu background. Right now a color is always overlayed onto the background and sometimes this isn’t ideal when the background image itself is already colored in some way.

1 Like

I’d love to be able to alphabetize Favorites playlists so as to more easily find titles without the need to have to perform searches for specific roms. Also, it’d be nice if boxart would show up on the Favourites menu.

Was very happy when the ability to add Favourites was introduced, but feel the option needs slight refinement to make it more usable. The addition of the aforementioned features would, in my opinion, make it perfect.

1 Like

A couple things I wanted to put here today.

1.) As a suggestion, I would LOVE to be able to choose which onscreen notifications we get. For example, seeing “Core Overrides Loaded” on my boot screens is really distracting from the seamless experience. Sure, I could turn the messages off completely, but then I wouldn’t have the confirmation message when I save a state. Or, another example, I really don’t need it to tell me that I am fast forwarding or rewinding. But it’s great to get a confirmation that my config file/overrides saved successfully.

2.) I also want to say “THANK YOU!!!” To whatever genius implemented the ability to hit Del and/or X-button to clean an input when mapping controls. Seriously makes my life SO much easier not having to go into the cfg file to clear an input on an override.

3.) @Axiphel I think you can choose the option called “Plain” in the background settings to remove the color overlay; if I’m understanding you correctly.

1 Like

With Plain. This is darker than the dark color option. lol

Raw background

That’s because of your background opacity setting. With no game loaded, it’s black behind the background. So if the opacity is set to the default of 0.300 (I think that’s it) It’s gonna be pretty dark with nothing behind it.

Set it to 1.000 for a solid picture.

1 Like

Reduce clutter in the config file by checking if a value is default before writing it. Its a lot easier to manage a config when it only contains non-default values.

In my suggestions for Android version, add rumble for game systems like Gameboy and Gameboy Color Rumble Pak. Android devices has motor vibrations inside which can be used to emulate controller vibration feedback. Plus add haptic feedback, on-screen combo buttons, on-screen sticky buttons, and on-screen turbo buttons. And on “XMB” and other user interface menu on Retroarch, add background music and sound effects when scrolling, confirm, and cancel. Plus, add even more user interface menus on Retroarch like Dreamcast Home Menu. I sure hope all my suggestions was big enough to help your developments.

I have a s812(m8s) boxes.but someone tells me s812 need dtb file.But I don’t know where to find dtb for my device I know a little about Linux.If you have simple method(without source),I want to try. Thanks.

Don’t know if this suggestion belongs here, but why is the default value for X and Y onscreen notification is 0.050 (or something like that) ? It overlaps the core information. I suggest putting it to “0.010” for both X and Y by default so that it does not cover any useful information. But maybe this is resolution-dependant ?