Device Index disabled, no option to enable

Hello everyone, new to RetroArch and trying to configure a xbox 360 controller wired with the charging adapter. Windows 10 Pro 64bit Retroarch version 1.9.14.Not really sure where to start, and I am a beginner when it comes developer type stuff. I searched here and on the web but haven’t come across a solution. , every article, thread, or video I have seen about enabling controllers the device index in enabled. It also will not allow me to manually input controls from the 360 controller, it’s like it’s not even plugged in. My PC recognizes the controller and the green ring is flashing. Thanks in advance for any help.

Wired + charging adapter does not make any sense. Wireless + adapter does, but the adapter does not actually transmit data, and is only suitable for charging.

If the controller is not visible in Windows game controller panel, it won’t be in RA either.

Ok, wireless controller cannot be used with the adapter cable and I need a wired controller. I hooked up a wired ps3 controller I have and it is working now. Thanks, I’m brand new to this and trying to figure it out.