Different controllers, same VID/PID

Hey, this is my first post here. I’m a complete noob and I’ve been trying to set up my USB controllers in retroarch. I’m running 1.3.6 on a Windows 10 laptop.

My problem is that my Retrolink Sega Satrun controller and my Retrolink NES controller both have the same VID (121) and PID (17). My Retrolink N64 controller has a different PID so no problem there. At first I was trying to create my own autoconfig files for each, but they both came up as “USB_Gamepad”. I tried renaming the files with “#1” and #2" but it didn’t seem to work. I found the “Retrolink-Sega-Saturn-USB-GamePad.cfg” under the “udev” folder and moved it into “dinput”. Now when I try to create an autoconfig for the NES controller both controllers default to the new “USB_Gamepad.cfg” I just created. Is there a way to change the VID/PID so that I can have two separate autoconfig files that retroarch will read automatically? I don’t want to have to manually bind the controller every time.

Sorry if this is confusing. I’m very new to retroarch and tried to explain the problem the best I could. Thanks.

Hi!

In those special cases where VID, PID and device name are the same for different controllers the best way of setting up each one correctly would be a menu option to load a specific config file manually per player index.

[QUOTE=Frufo;45699]Hi!

In those special cases where VID, PID and device name are the same for different controllers the best way of setting up each one correctly would be a menu option to load a specific config file manually per player index.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Where could I find this option at?

Unfortunately something like this hasn’t been implemented yet. I said this would be the best way. :wink:

Ah, ok, gotcha. I guess I’ll try to find another NES controller for now. Thanks.

I have the same issue. I have a SNES and a N64 adapter, and both of them use the same name. So even if I rename them in the registry, they both show up as the same name. You can rename them in the cfg files for retroarch, but that doesn’t solve the main issue. I don’t fully understand it, but if retroarch can see that there are different controlers, (the # is in parenthesis) then I would think there could be a possibility option to rename them individually.

Has there been any progress or further consideration of this issue?

I’ve got 2 different N64 style controllers with different button mappings but identical VID and PID. Is there any other fields/entries that RetroArch can use to perhaps uniquely identify a USB controller and thus apply the correct mapping to each?