Direct3D driver - vertical position is off

I’m guessing the developers already know about this but I didn’t see a thread on it so I figured I’d post about it.

The Direct3D driver on both v1.2.2 and the latest nightly x86-64 builds displays the video with the vertical position set too low whenever there’s a new screen loaded. Toggling between windowed mode and fullscreen corrects the issue, but this seems to be some sort of bug in the driver. Nightly builds of RetroArch from earlier this year didn’t have this problem when I used them back then. I’m using OpenGL for now with the current builds since it doesn’t have this problem.

Same problem here.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this is a driver bug. The benefit of using Direct3D over OpenGL in Windows Vista or later is that with Direct3D you can get proper Vsync in windowed mode. That’s a virtual impossibility with OpenGL. But if you play in fullscreen mode then OpenGL works fine. However, I like Windowed mode!

Apparently, the Direct3D driver isn’t much of a priority, even though it’s the most used graphics API on the planet … hmmm.

And it’s available only in one platform.

I suppose you have a point. Still, I hope it gets fixed. It may only be one platform but it’s by far the most widely used personal computer platform on the planet.