Directory Settings Won't Save

Whenever I try to change the core directory, the setting doesn’t save after I quit RetroArch. Not to mention that, when I Ioad a core, custom or otherwise, via the directory I set it won’t load. It literally would not register the core’s existence beyond showing its name in the Load Core menu. I’ve done this before and this doesn’t usually happen. Am I doing something wrong? Should I delete all associated data and try again? Should I completely uninstall the app? Should I factory reset my device (I am okay wity that, my device is probably long overdue for its next reset)? Could someone help me?

Changing the core directory doesn’t work on Android due to security policies built into the OS.

If you uninstall the program and delete the local data (including any configs that include the modified core directory), you should be fine.

That’s strange… It worked perfectly before. Is there any other way to add cores manually? I have an android port of the Atari800 core that I really want to use, but I can’t figure out how to properly set up a download server for this core using apps found on Android (don’t reccomend me any sort of computer app) so I can add it correctly.

If you have root, you can copy cores into your /data/data/com.retroarch/cores directory and they should work. Without root, there’s no real way to do it without setting up a download server, as you’ve mentioned.