Disable RGUI via XBOX Button?

SOLVED: See post #4 for full solution

Hi Guys,

How can I prevent/remap RGUI from being called up by the XBOX button on my 360 controllers?

I use RetroArch on an arcade cabinet so I have both Keyboard and XBOX 360 inputs…

I’d like NOTHING to happen in RetroArch when I press the XBOX button…

Thanks!

I’d like to know this also. Anyone?

You should be able to disable autoconfig and then map the buttons manually and just don’t map that button to anything.

This works.

Since I’m using this on an arcade build (keyboard encoder/xpadder with keyboard mappings), I created an autoconfig folder and then put 4 files in it, one for each controller:

XInput Controller (Player 1).cfg XInput Controller (Player 2).cfg XInput Controller (Player 3).cfg XInput Controller (Player 4).cfg

All 4 files are identical and contain the following (change input_device = to match the corresponding Player #):

input_device = “XInput Controller (Player 1)” input_driver = “winxinput” input_b_btn = “nul” input_y_btn = “nul” input_select_btn = “nul” input_start_btn = “nul” input_up_btn = “nul” input_down_btn = “nul” input_left_btn = “nul” input_right_btn = “nul” input_a_btn = “nul” input_x_btn = “nul” input_l_btn = “nul” input_r_btn = “nul” input_l2_axis = “nul” input_r2_axis = “nul” input_l3_btn = “nul” input_r3_btn = “nul” input_l_x_plus_axis = “nul” input_l_x_minus_axis = “nul” input_l_y_plus_axis = “nul” input_l_y_minus_axis = “nul” input_r_x_plus_axis = “nul” input_r_x_minus_axis = “nul” input_r_y_plus_axis = “nul” input_r_y_minus_axis = “nul” input_rewind_axis = “nul” input_menu_toggle_btn = “nul”

The most important line is the last one, input_menu_toggle_btn = “nul”

You can use my config above, or simply map all other buttons and replace the final line with “nul”

[QUOTE=newoski;20388]This works.

Since I’m using this on an arcade build (keyboard encoder/xpadder with keyboard mappings), I created an autoconfig folder and then put 4 files in it, one for each controller:

XInput Controller (Player 1).cfg XInput Controller (Player 2).cfg XInput Controller (Player 3).cfg XInput Controller (Player 4).cfg

All 4 files are identical and contain the following (change input_device = to match the corresponding Player #):

input_device = “XInput Controller (Player 1)” input_driver = “winxinput” input_b_btn = “nul” input_y_btn = “nul” input_select_btn = “nul” input_start_btn = “nul” input_up_btn = “nul” input_down_btn = “nul” input_left_btn = “nul” input_right_btn = “nul” input_a_btn = “nul” input_x_btn = “nul” input_l_btn = “nul” input_r_btn = “nul” input_l2_axis = “nul” input_r2_axis = “nul” input_l3_btn = “nul” input_r3_btn = “nul” input_l_x_plus_axis = “nul” input_l_x_minus_axis = “nul” input_l_y_plus_axis = “nul” input_l_y_minus_axis = “nul” input_r_x_plus_axis = “nul” input_r_x_minus_axis = “nul” input_r_y_plus_axis = “nul” input_r_y_minus_axis = “nul” input_rewind_axis = “nul” input_menu_toggle_btn = “nul”

The most important line is the last one, input_menu_toggle_btn = “nul”

You can use my config above, or simply map all other buttons and replace the final line with “nul”[/QUOTE]

you could do this, or you could just set the gamepad driver under the drivers option in settings to “xinput” rather than “dinput” then just set the button (typically button 10) in the built in configuration menu or the retroarch config, this allows the guide/xbox/ps button on any xinput controller to work…

This doesn’t work to disable it. Only to remap it…

Then what you mean with disable? That works to hide/show rgui just fine… If you want to disable the toggle then map it to nothing

[QUOTE=Radius;21127]Then what you mean with disable? That works to hide/show rgui just fine… If you want to disable the toggle then map it to nothing[/QUOTE]

mapping to “nul” doesn’t work. mapping to “99” does

From my experience, this is true. The only way to disable the RGUI button for a controller is to set the input for the controller to a nonexistent button. For Xbox 360 controllers, 11 or above does this.